Dumb question here!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The cake came out fantastic!
Very moist and yummy. I served it with sliced strwberries and a bit of whipped cream with mexican vanilla in it.

My only complaint is that I didn't puree the beans enough. I only have an electric mixer, no blender. There was an occasional bean particle, but no biggie.

Delicious, have saved recipe, will force it on unsuspecting strangers!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Told ya so!! :plbb

Next time, maybe try mashing the beans first with a potato masher or a fork. Then you can get all the chunks out first. Or just tell people they are chocolate chips! :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My SO, a chocolate ckae connisieur, said no but it tastes fantastic. That was my first try, second try got dumped out very quickly.

Question, I have had my beans lacto-fermenting in yofurt in the fridge for 2 weeks now, are they still usable?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Where is this recipe? Why beans in cake? Does it really taste like regular cake?
It is a gluten-free recipe for those who are sensitive to wheat. But those of us who watch our blood sugar...it is a better choice for a sweet snack, especially every 28 days for us gals.

It is really, really good! No one in my house guessed the "secret ingredient."

Here is the thread with the recipe, and of course, we have to discuss it a lot! :p

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4747

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Question, I have had my beans lacto-fermenting in yofurt in the fridge for 2 weeks now, are they still usable?
We call that a science experiment in my house! Rinse 'em off and give 'em the sniff test. If they pass, cook 'em up! I bet they will be fine.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is soooooo good. DH has seriously sensitive taste buds, he can taste a dish & recreate it from memory like magic.
He couldn't figure out what it was either. :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
My kids ate the BBC willingly the first time I made it, but the second time they were not as enthusiastic.

I told them what it was....the complained to some of my cooking students who wanted to try it....they all loved it! :p

For me it is a great treat, but since DH and I are now the only ones who will eat it....hmmmm, maybe I could freeze individual portions for those 'gotta have chocolate' moments?