Dusting! Feather Dusters?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Prarie
I won't be looking at your house for cobwebs, I am more interested in your barns and such...HA HA HA---and we know webs are sure in barns!!!

I made the mistake of "looking up" in my house.....the ceiling fan and the grates in the ceiling....UGH....I should never looked up. Now I have to get a step ladder and start cleaning all of that mess---LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
27 sets of mini blinds......YOW ZA
yea too many to take down and clean. I hear ya ---I wouldn't do it either..LOL

magnetic cleaner? never heard of that one......you mean one of those pledge feather dusters they say attracts dust? I think I saw a commercial on that one???

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
For mini-blinds, I use a cloth soaked in white vinegar and wrung out well so that it is just damp. Wipe with the slat. I try to do one room at a time, but sometimes that is just too much... :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I replace all mini-blinds with cheaper roll blinds or sew Roman shades for those windows. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was a MAN who created mini-blinds!!!!! :somad :he

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
:lol: Yeah, I mean for a spring cleaning kind of thing....maybe I would take them down and soak them, but for weekly or bi weekly dusting- naaaaaaah :lol: :lol:

Bee maybe that's what I should do....I guess that's the new question...what should I replace my mini blinds with? :D

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a magnetic duster. It is pink and blue with an 18 inch long duster head area. My 6 month old kitten thinks it is a rodent or something and is always wrestleing with it and draging it aroound like it was a prize kill or something. That cat has given the duster more use than I ever did! :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Those new microfiber dusting cloths are a wonder!

Dust just hangs right on and won't shake off.

You use them over and over - just toss them in the wash.

A good bang for my buck.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Dust allows us to save paper and hence the planet by giving us something to write notes in...... :lol:

breconbcs

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use an old sock - one where the laundry monster got it's match. :) I make up a small batch of water and add some of my favourite fragrance or essential oil, ring out and use. I also use them for the corners and ceilings to wipe down. Then I just throw it in the wash to clean it.