EARS -- so itchy

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BeccaOH, what do you mean(if you don't mind my asking) about thyroid medicine causing health problems for your mom? Could you please give me details, such as what med, what strength, what tests they did, and what problems she had/has afterwards? I haven't heard anything like that before, and I would appreciate more information about it.
Thanks a lot,
Carrie

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Uhhh , last time I took my dog to the doctor they said he had a yeast infection in his ears. he is itchy all the time. Perhaps something to address a parasite/ bacteria issue might help.

:idunno

g

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I suspect you have some kind of parasite. Now, don't get freaked out. All of us have parasites of one sort or another. In this case I suspect it may be candida. With your history of sinus and ear infections there certainly has been a microbial imbalance for a long time even if you have not been aware of it.

Now you are aware.

This is what I reccomend. Ozonated olive oil. The ozone will kill the candida and it is also an analgesic, so it will help with pain. Just put some in the ear canal with a q tip.

Now here is the down side on ozone in the ears. It will make your ears itch even more for a little while but it should pass. I have used ozone gas and the ozonated olive oil in my ears for the same thing and it also helps greatly for the pain of TMJ that some people get in the ear canal.

Ozone gas probably works better than ozonated olive oil but you have to be willing to purchase an ozonator, about $50 last time I looked for one sufficient for this problem. Ozone gas can also get rid of many cases of tinnitis which is often caused by very toxic ears
that have microbes just over flowing. When your ears are clean of microbes there is very little ear wax and many cases of tinnitis will go away. I am living proof of that. The more ear wax the more microbes you have.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Or...you could just treat yourself to the occasional peroxide soaking....let it fizz and bubble away. Works for me and my family! The kids nor I have never had an ear infection and that's saying a lot when you think about it. I do have occasional itching in the ear canal and peroxide takes that right away.

It does sound like a fungal thing and there are several steps you can take besides using the peroxide. One, make sure your ears are really dried out after bathing/showering. You can even use some OTC meds for swimmer's ear after you shower. Or, you can use rubbing alcohol...this is the main ingredient in these OTC ear drops.

Two, you can limit sugars, starches, white flour, etc. from your diet. Yeast infections thrive on these. They will actually cause you to crave these foods.

Three, you can try a natural antifungal like Olive Leaf Extract supplements. It does work and it is not expensive. It works best if combined with the other two suggestions.

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I second allergies.... Ive had bad allergies since the age of 3 , extremely maddeningly itchy ears are my first sign i need to take an allergy pill. I recommend trying an OTC allergy med like Zyrtec to see if that helps first before you resort to other things. Maybe a simple fix.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bee, Mackay... you should start a thread on Candida. My auntie in Mo. has been trying to explain the whole fungus thing to me ever since my dh was diagnosed with the big C.

The first thing I did after getting home form Mo. this year was put my dh and dd on Olive leaf extract as well as Grapefruit seed.

I get the basics of the "out of balance thing" but it would be nice to discuss it more.

gina

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! This is a touchy subject, particularly among cancer patients. There is so much faith in doctors and so much fear surrounding this disease, that folks are hesitant to consider alternative research into cancer vs. fungus diagnoses and the treatment options available.

They want to believe the accepted wisdom offered by their oncologists and the propaganda dished out by the American Cancer Society. I understand this need to grasp at this, as it is the more popular route and people are just plain scared to die. Doctors tell them they will possibly be cured if they take the prescribed treatments, that they will certainly die if they do not.

Its a very touchy subject but folks need to have the 411 before they believe the current treatment jargon.

I've worked oncology and I am now working with many cancer patients in the field of hospice. I can tell you that these experiences only reinforced my beliefs on this subject and the many documented research articles I've read concerning this.

Did you know that the current cancer treatment protocol was developed by the Merck Co.? It is illegal to pursue any other cancer treatment than this prescribed protocol in 49 of our states. Does it strike you as peculiar that the protocol was developed by the company that sells the cancer treatment drugs? If you don't believe this info, try to get a child alternative cancer treatment anywhere in the country besides Cali. and see if you don't wind up in court. There was a recent court case regarding this in the news, I believe. They can remove your child from your care.

Sorry....didn't mean to hijack an ear thread, but this subject is one that I feel most strongly about. I can move this or delete this if the OP wishes.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Definitely something I would like to discuss with your more. My Auntie is a wealth of info on battling Candida and has helped several friends and her own son who were diagnosed with cancer. When I have some time I will start another thread. Something in another topic area.

:thumbsup