East Texas Gardening

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got another 2.6 inches of rain this morning but everything out there looks good. Little peppers on the peppers, blooms on the Brandywines, more green beans and the first round of okra are just breaking ground. If it ever stops raining I might get the rest of the garden planted.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ouch! Hope they don't get hit too hard.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is expecting 1-3 inches of water. Hurricane Harvey put 7 FEET of water in the house, washed all the brick off the walls, you could look through the walls. It was awful. So finally just this week she decided to sell and move.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That’s great! We were pushing “good vibes ”her way. nice to know something went right. If she’s going to move, now is the time. May not get another chance.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the good vibes. I’m happy that she has made the decision to move. 20+ years, several floods, but now she is alone and older, that’s just too much. Beautiful place, 2 story, 5 bedroom, 1500 square feet of covered deck, out door kitchen, swimming pool, pond, extra detached garage, but it don’t look so good under water. LOL

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are an easy drive to the local lakes and rivers around here but I made certain, many years ago, that we live on a hill. No problem with water .... although we have almost been blown off this dang hill a few times. Nothing is perfect i guess.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All this rain is beginning to be a real drag. Of course we will probably be wishing we had some of it come July or August. It's really making things grow but it is also beating the seedlings down into the ground. Haven't lost any yet but have had to pull most of them back upright at least once ... especially the carrots. Those feather like leaves get caked with mud and bury up good.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so maybe I can get the pepper and tomato plants tied up to their supports before the next big rain comes along. And of course the grass needs mowing too .....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm getting rain here in VA. I need a good watering. Nothing planted yet -- planned for this weekend. Heck, just got it disc up Sun, so ok. No cold crops this spring but can do for Fall. No stress. 🤔;) At this point, just enjoying no grass growing in there 😁

Latest posts