easter eggs

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Every year DGD dyes eggs(this year, DGS will help) and later on DH and I dye special eggs for the Easter bunny to hide. I am try to come up with something different each year. I have so much stress right now I am having trouble thinking of something new. Any suggestions? What do you all do?

Monica

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
cknmom said:
Every year DGD dyes eggs(this year, DGS will help) and later on DH and I dye special eggs for the Easter bunny to hide. I am try to come up with something different each year. I have so much stress right now I am having trouble thinking of something new. Any suggestions? What do you all do?

Monica
By some EE or Ameraucanas :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cknmom said:

Monica
We do nothing special usually.....just dye some white store bought eggs....only My Dad eats hard boiled eggs...LOL-LOL

Do you mean theme eggs? Like write on them with a crayon saying Love, Happy Easter etc. then dye them a lighter color. The crayon shows thru great.

Or maybe after dying them hit them with some stickers or something...kids would love that.

Hope some of that helps you.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Don't stress about it and do what is easiest for you. The kiddies will survive without something new.

We pretty much did the same thing each year when I was growing up and we did the same thing when my kids were at home.

Dye eggs, hide them, make up baskets, no big toys.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't think the memory is going to be about whether you have neon blinking Easter eggs or not. It's going to be about the fun of making eggs and maybe making Easter cookies and the fun they had showing them off. Seems like the more complicated everything is the more chance you have of something going wrong and someone getting frustrated (usually me).

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I do the same thing with the grandkids that I did with the kids. Dye eggs. It was never about anything but the fun we had at the kitchen table with cups of dye, and imaginations. And it is definately not fun unless someone spills the dye. LOL

Sometimes we spent hours dipping dozens of eggs in the dye. Yes the eggs ended up wasted but so what. We had more fun with the dye than with the hiding.

And sugar cookie decorating. I have no clue over the years how many dozens of eggs and cookies have ended up in the trash.

But we have fun. My grown children love watching their children have fun with the same process.