Eczema help

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Intended for female readers.... TMI warning...

Okay, a few months ago I posted about a rash "down there" that I have had on and off for a few years. Anyways, I went to the dermatologist and she said it was eczema. I know I had eczema when I was little, but nothing for lots of years now. So their solution was concentrated anti itch steroid cream and keeping the area well moisturized. Well, that isn't working. It's getting worse and it it bs so bad I honestly would like to itch my crotch off. (sorry, tmi) but it's true!!
It's not any STD or anything like that. It looks a little like ringworm patches, but I don't remember ringworm staying around for ages or itching that much either. They don't pus or bleed usually, they are just like raised, red, inflammed, scaley patches that are pretty close together. I really don't think it's eczema, but I'm not a doc.

Do you think a homeopathic doc would know what to do?? It's non itchy and fine for a week, then terrible for two weeks. I just started taking Olive leaf complex two days ago, is there anything you can think of that mite help?? A supplement or remedy of some sort?? Thanks,

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't have anything that could help, but I hope you find something soon. That has got to be so annoying as well as painful. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It very well could be ringworm and I know plenty of doctors that can't seem to diagnose this~the very worst thing you can do to a fungal infection is to keep it moist...that's why it grew there to begin with.

If I were you and I had this, I'd be getting on some anti-fungal meds, both oral and topical. I'd also cut refined sugars and starches out of my life.

You must feel absolutely miserable!

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Try using garlic oil on it. Make your own by soaking garlic cloves in a good virgin olive oil, organic if you can. Peel the cloves, cut in half (this exposes more surface to the oil) cover with the oil. Let stand at room temp. for at least 24 hours. Wash the area and your hands, dip your finger into the oil, and rub on the rash. Since garlic is both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, it should help. I would apply several times a day.

BTW, garlic oil is good for all sorts of things: put a few drops in an ear for ear infection, use on athletes foot, rashes, etc. Effective, but cheap!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would try tinactin (sp?) For a few days. It sounds like you may have jock itch- which is a varient of ring worm and athelets foot. All 3 are caused by the same fungus. My husband gets something simalar when it is hot out and he is real sweaty for long periods of time. The generic kind works but takes much longer to fix it so we just put out the money and buy the name brand stuff. He likes the dry spray. (Or powder spray).

You might look up jock itch and see if any of the pics look like what you have.

Cricket

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Agree with all the above. Couldn't you have been exposed to barn itch? I think it's basically the same thing as ringworm.

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh my goodness..... THAT IS IT!!!! Unfortunetly i looked up some very graphic pictures of men's groin area and womens full groin area, but yup.... that is definetly it. It like spreads down my thigh area and is discolored somewhat. I am SO thankful to you ladies for mentioning Jock Itch. I must say I am super embarressed though. Considering usually MEN get jock itch, not women. So this whole time ive been keeping it well moistened has actually been making it worse!!! Wonderful!!!! I do have to say ive been using Olive leaf extract for a week now and i can tell that im not nearly as itchy and it actually looks like it may be going away a little. The inflamation and redness at least!!! I think ill start with the fungus topicals and see how that goes. and then if it still doesnt go away ill go to Doc and get some anti-fungal meds.
Im not sure WHY though it has hung around for this long. Ive been dealing with this on and off since 2008!!!! I wear only cotton underwear, not too tight. I dont wear tight fitting clothing. Well, in the winter i do. I live in Long underwear cuz im always cold. I DO sweat ALOT!!! Nature of my job i guess. Im not sure I can remedy that at all. So i dont know how the jock itch will go away if i cant keep from sweating. Maybe ill have to keep a bottle of baby powder at work and just dump some down my pants every few hours to keep things dry???? one webpage also said that its caused by friction. And that putting loads of vaseline on will help with that. But i would think that might be worse because of the moisture.

IM so relieved, Im going to have to dig out my Miconazole cream and start using IMMEDIATELY!!! And i can probably cancel my appt with my Naturopathic doctor that i just found to figure out what this is..... who needs a doc when you have an SS forum!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Fungus infections are fed by warm, moist environments, but sticking around that long is also a sign that your immune system was probably a bit weak. You may need to get more rest, reduce stress and/or fix your diet. Fungal infections also love it if you eat or drink lots of sugary stuff.

Just a thought- you might want to try powdered kaolin or bentonite clay to use as a body powder there. I mixed some with a couple drops of tea tree oil before and put it in a bottle for hot humid days.

Cricket

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Or Blu-Kote if you can use that on humans:lol:. That'd be a good look! (just kidding--sorry, couldn't resist). Glad you found an answer.