Edwardian Farm - Update post 1!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Geez. I really am going to have to watch these at some point.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i love Alex's practical nature and his personality is very pleasant. but... oh Peter makes my heart piterpater. kind of oafish and mischievous but always gets what needs to be done done, and with pride. and he's seriously dreamy to look at. *swoon*

this was all it took to win me over
448_edwardianfarm.jpg

but this sure doesn't hurt either
Edwardian-Farm_service_lead.jpg

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
The edwardian farm is also available now as a B&B of sorts.
You can rent it. You do chores as well.

Dh and I have decided if we ever go to England, that we will rent it for a week.
Got to get rich first though :lol:

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not about farming, but we've been watching Downton Abbey on PBS and it's set in the same time period, it's fun to see another aspect of that time.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
just discovered another BBC show (not a documentary type though) set during WWII called Land Girls, about 4 girls in the Women's Land Army. you can get it on Youtube but it has Spanish subtitles (and the clip titles are in Spanish). it's not spectacular and they need a seriously lesson in pacing but it's worth checking out. there were only 5 episodes in the first series (which accounts for a lot of the pacing issues) so it's a quick watch.

chickiemama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm so sad it's over!!!!! I like how Ruth Goodman is a "domestic" historian and knows the day to day history. That's what intrigues me. I get lost with all the dates and names. Just tell me how they made bread and cleaned their houses and I'm hooked!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
after watching the whole first season of Land Girls, i would say don't rush to watch it if you are looking for a companion to Victorian or Edwardian Farm. they "farm" for about 5 mins each episode and it all seems to be them digging in one potato field... it's not a bad show if you just want to watch a period piece, but it's definitely NOT about farming.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

One thing that has really stuck in my head even weeks after watching was the little segment on WW1. The statement that so many trades and skilled crafts were lost because the young men that would have learned those skills instead went off to war.

That and all those horses lost in the war.