Electronic Cigarettes

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got my e-cig in the mail.

I love it. Over the last 6 days since I have had it I have only smoked 9 cigarettes, and that was mostly because I had to charge it back up lol

now I am on ball with how to schedule the recharge lol and all seems fine have finished my real cigs in the pack and have not bought anymore. finished them last night and FOR ME not to buy a pack is wonderful I thought I would panic but the e-cig is controlling the situation wonderful.

My sinus is way better. There is no more coughing. And this was all in a very short time I feel way better. (I think the real cig smoke was getting to me lol)

I got the lowest mg. 6 mg. I am glad I got the lowest cause my final goal is to stop smoking all together. so am using this tool as a step down from mgs and this e-cig has done that for me.

I am very happy with this contraption!!! :)

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't tried e-cigs, but thought maybe this would be informative or helpful....

I smoked for over 30 yrs and quit at age 48. That was almost 4 yrs ago. To me, nothing feels better than finally being a non-smoker.....and DH too. He quit at the same time.

.....I have tried most methods of quiting including nicotine gum and patches (doc will not prescribe the new drugs does not like the side effects)....
Nicotine substitutes never worked for us either.

We used Chantix. We actually quit after 1 week and only took the perscription for a month. The only side affect we experienced was with dreaming. The dreams were a bit "all over the place", a bit vivid. And I'm not sure that Chantix actually caused the dreams, but really believe it simply enhanced the ability to remember them. It went away after stopping the perscription.

The addiction to nicotine is driven by the nicotine itself attaching to the brain receptors. Once attached, it stimulates the brain to want more, and more. This is what drives the "urge" for the smoker and perpetuates the addiction.

Chantix works by preventing nicotine from attaching to the brain receptors. "Old" previously attached nicotine falls off naturally in about 2 weeks. "New" nicotine is unable to attach. This helps the smoker quit because the addictive urge is gone. (No nicotine nagging the brain receptors for more; hence, no urge.) That is what broke our addiction and set us free.

Hope this is helpful to someone, anyone. Tell a friend or family member who smokes and wants to quit about Chantix. It's life changing. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chantix made my neighbor sick as a dog.
wow the side effects she experienced was frightening, something about heart related for her. she quit on her own after getting off Chantix etc. She also went whacko, suicidal type thoughts and dreams. but remember, some prescips help people, some make people very sick lol like any drug

yea it sucks I have to quit. I actually love smoking. But it is time.
I stopped cold turkey in my early 30s. No probem at all. One day put down the cigs and stopped for 5-6 years. THEN on drunken ski trip in Canada I got ahold of a cig and boom, game back on hahaha

but at 49 it is time again. 50 I will be smoke free and the money savings is now driving me too. cost of cigs is HIGH lol

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your neighbor and Chantix. At least she did find a way to quit.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea we "smokers" all need to find that way lol

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Somehow you will. I tried so many things, and thought nothing would ever work. Don't give up....eventually something will click for you.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thx Kim
oh yea, I will find it lol