Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
I see it as a control issue. The guberment will help you!! The guberment will help you!! Makes me wonder what german brainwashing they have in the signal. IMHO Just my conspiracy tail twitching. I know I'm nuts but yeah soon I'm sure I'll be one of the normal people. Especially whe the rest of country is picking though the trash for there next meal or in a federal camp of some type. O NUTS!!!! Or as the old saying goes RETREAT NUTS!!!!!!!!
Be careful how you blanket statement the German people. It was a TIME in history. A few did the deed, many Germans did not comply.

in general to all
I feel it is needed. I think a national level emergency needs to be known, the news brought to you. I would rather be in the know on a national emergency level then left out of the loop.

To me it is not about control. To me it is a signal of 'what might happen for the future' (not just mother nature disasters)
We should be prepared.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I have heard this "Test" is so the big man can reach everyone all at once. I do believe though that the current method of EBS has worked great for a really long time why mess with it. I think anyone having the ability to shut down all media is just wrong.

Big time control issue.

g

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
THEFAN said:
I see it as a control issue. The guberment will help you!! The guberment will help you!! Makes me wonder what german brainwashing they have in the signal. IMHO Just my conspiracy tail twitching. I know I'm nuts but yeah soon I'm sure I'll be one of the normal people. Especially whe the rest of country is picking though the trash for there next meal or in a federal camp of some type. O NUTS!!!! Or as the old saying goes RETREAT NUTS!!!!!!!!
Be careful how you blanket statement the German people. It was a TIME in history. A few did the deed, many Germans did not comply.

in general to all
I feel it is needed. I think a national level emergency needs to be known, the news brought to you. I would rather be in the know on a national emergency level then left out of the loop.

To me it is not about control. To me it is a signal of 'what might happen for the future' (not just mother nature disasters)
We should be prepared.
Sorry about German people general . I guess I should have said Nazis and some Nazi programs that we continued after the war. :(

All I can think of is this test Milgrams Experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment I have a friend who took part in this test and we was very surprised as to how many people just do what they are told. :(

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think what the problem is.... not that we would as a nation be notified of a threat to our safety, but that all radio and television signals have the ability to be SHUT DOWN at the desire of one person.

From what I understand there are things in the works to also shut down our internet access in the same way. Other countries are able to shut down the airwaves when they want, but... they are not considered "free" countries, like ours used to be.

Does anyone use the CB radio bands anymore? I suppose it is not out of the realm of possibilities to scramble all communication signals, if one knew how to do that.

Rev. 22:20

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
From what I have heard this "Test" is so the big man can reach everyone all at once. I do believe though that the current method of EBS has worked great for a really long time why mess with it. I think anyone having the ability to shut down all media is just wrong.

Big time control issue.

g
The thing that bothers me is that we have had the EBS for decades, but I personally, have never seen it used in the case of emergencies like hurricanes or tornadoes. So if it hasn't been used for that to save lives, why do we need something new?

I don't think this is a test for warning and protecting the public at all. Think about it... the opposite end of the spectrum of possibilities would be to test it to see if they can control all forms of communication. That is what I suspect their goal is. Total control.

How bizzare can things get? A lot more than they are now. Just for the sake of entertainment if nothing else, watch the video link below all the way through. There are 10 videos, each just a few minutes long, that are on autoplay, so you don't have to keep clicking to see the next one. The topics they discuss might seem like they're from Buck Rogers Space Cadet, but they are doing this now! I'm not saying believe this or that. I'm just suggesting that you watch it all the way through the ten youtube videos. If they are currently using the technology identified in these videos to promote a paranormal TV show on the public streets, at what point would they not use the technology for absolute control? If nothing else, it's very, very interesting information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOI...L54C4E82659AD7FF9&lf=results_video&playnext=0

From what I have read and watched on the subject of communications, CB radioes will be jammed from overuse in the case of a major emergency. Ham radioes, one of which I do not have, would be the best thing for communicating with the world outside your location. The catch is, if you are a licensed ham radio operator, I have read that you can be pressed into service as a communications point of contact on behalf of the government. I have no idea if that is true, but it sure fits the situation in a major emergency. Does anyone know if that is actually a fact? Any hammers out there reading this?

A final thought or two on the situation: If the President is the only one responsible for activating this system, under what authority did he delegate this responsibility to the FEMA Director? Is it even a delegable responsibility?

yardfarmer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I jsut heard that this test did not work here in Oregon. How about anywhere else? Not so sure I'm disappointed:/

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, it is now 3:49 PM CST and the EAS went off at 1 PM. The asteroid went by and I missed it. I guess I better just go back to work and forget it for now, huh? :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wasn't home, so I don't know how it went.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DirecTv is being criticized for adding music. Local talk radio was very brief and sounded like a regular EBS announcement.

I think no one really wanted it to work. Thank goodness.

G