Emergency Diversification

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Some of us are preparded for all type of emergency scenero's, some here are not and just believe in being as self sufficent as possible.For those preparded for several different scenero's/bad event's, how are you diversified, emergency wise...? Some have "bugout bags" for a fast escape, to perhaps a pre-planned hideaway ,stocked with stores.Some plan to just hunker down where they are, with there emergency stores.Some are just going to wing it, let the cards fall where they may.Others are prepared to join other family members and battle the zombies that are sure to come and try to take your stuff..What about you, do you have a diversified plan, for different possible emergencies.Plenty of people are financially diversified,so it seems logical, no...?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yup. Makes sense. I am building a bug out bag. Mainly because flash flooding is possible where I am. Fire is another thing that would make me bug out. My first preps were for "sheltering in place". Now that those are mostly done I am putting the bug out bag together in a nice huge military backpack my son gave me :D

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Wifezilla...do you have a preplanned bug-out destination..? Or just GO, anywhere, to escape the fllods/fire...?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I have a couple of routes mapped out, but it would depend on the threat. I have friends out on the prairie but i also know the mountains pretty well. Have camping gear will travel :D

I think the hardest part will be getting out of the neighborhood since whenever there is an evacuation, some idiot always panics, crashes and blocks the exits :somad

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lucky for me I have no 'flood/tornado/earthquake situation in my face like some areas people live.

I have ice storms and from the past experiences, they are short lived before power etc. comes back on.

So no bug out bag for me.

I am not a paranoid type emergency person. I am not a prepare for anything and everything type person.

My worst is the nuclear plant about 20-30 miles away. it goes no bug out bag is going to help. just fact.

so for me it is all about winter ice storms only basically. and those preps could easily help me thru bigger storms etc. And those preps are the normal--I have backup heat...food stores, ways to cook, we hunt, we have alot of land for food, friends own farms and have produce, animals and preps if needed, water for animals etc. etc.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Blizzards are why my "shelter in place" supplies were a priority. We had one so bad we couldn't go anywhere for 3 days and a friend of ours was stuck at the house with us. Having supplies and playing cards and poker chips made the time pass in a fun way :D

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm already Bugged Out. I live on an island. :) Just try and invade. ARGH MATIE!!! :bun

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Most of our preps are for staying put since our 'emergencies' would normally be earthquakes (not predictable, so no warning available), snow & ice storms are possible in an off year but highly unlikely.
The only one we'd have to evacuate for is volcano eruption of Mt Rainier that is much bigger & would create more devastation than Mt St Helen ever thought of. Actually, where our house sits we may not get an evac notice (on top of a 500'ish hill several miles away) but it's still unknown just how bad it may blow and I've already told DH 'if Rainier starts puffing, we're packin up & movin out' cause I'm not willing to find out after the fact.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The only thing we really need to be prepared for around here are snowstorms and blizzards...where staying put is really your only option :lol: