End of the Earth Postponed

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Is the End of the Earth Postponed?

"It's a good news/bad news situation for believers in the 2012 Mayan apocalypse. The good news is that the Mayan "Long Count" calendar may not end on Dec. 21, 2012 (and, by extension, the world may not end along with it). The bad news for prophecy believers? If the calendar doesn't end in December 2012, no one knows when it actually will - or if it has already. "

Like Y2K, you just can't seem to count on a good apocalypse. :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Is the End of the Earth Postponed?

"It's a good news/bad news situation for believers in the 2012 Mayan apocalypse. The good news is that the Mayan "Long Count" calendar may not end on Dec. 21, 2012 (and, by extension, the world may not end along with it). The bad news for prophecy believers? If the calendar doesn't end in December 2012, no one knows when it actually will - or if it has already. "

Like Y2K, you just can't seem to count on a good apocalypse. :lol:
:yuckyuck :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:weee YAY!! I am going to get to see my grandbabies!!! :celebrate

Now I have time to get my farm business going too!! :ya

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What people don't understand about the Mayan count is that the dates end because it is the end of a cycle around the galactic center.

A new count will start soon... the roation is about 26,000 years.

But along with all this is a lot of stories and science prediction on solar storms and a galactic wave of energy coming our way that may do some damage.. some think this galacic wave,,, called a galactic wave because it appears to be coming from the galactic center of the univers is cyclic in when it hits our planet... and so it gets tied into the 2012 thing.

All the most interesting prophecies I have looked into says that when this wave hits the consciousness of humanity will accelerate and elevate... that there will be dna changes....not all of us may make it but that is not an issue as our souls will reincarnate to do the new work of building a new society,

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe I have had my head in the sand (or somewhere else) but I have a question. Where did all this doomsday prophecy come from in the first place? Who cares when the Mayan calendar starts or stops? Who cares if the world comes to an end?

"Like Y2K, you just can't seem to count on a good apocalypse." I love it!

And the BS about the solar flares could turn out to be a good thing. Mankind could use a good cosmic mutation - it could be a great improvement over what we are now.

Just trying to make light of what some people seem to think is a terrible thing :rolleyes: . We should never concern ourselves with things that are totally out of our control.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL I read this too that "they" may have miscalculated.

Who knows that those Myans were "writing" down to freak out the future generations hahaha

Nothing is set in stone, it is all based on interpretations of some old writings. Good luck guessing lol

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
*walks up with tin foil hat on*

well. dang. now what am i gonna do? all these years of work work work for nothing!

*throws down tin foil hat and walks away planning next Big Thing*

Who knows that those Myans were "writing" down to freak out the future generations
baby! i like the way you think! ha!

:)

havent we go thru this a coupla times? end of world? oh wait - maybe not?

i've still got my eye to the sky for them solar flares....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not expected the end of the world, per se, but I am definitely expecting a shift in humanity and the world as we have known it. Something to look forward to if you are flexible and peacebound!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I'm not expected the end of the world, per se, but I am definitely expecting a shift in humanity and the world as we have known it. Something to look forward to if you are flexible and peacebound!
I agree this will happen, but not on a certain date, like Jan 1 2012
:lol:

this will happen, we just can't pin down the exact date....and darn I love to schedule my days ya know
:p