eonvrye taht can raed tihs rsaie yuor hnad

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I could read it easily and I AM the original spelling nazi as my children will gladly testify.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I could read it with no problem, but my hair all fell out during.

Farmerlor, want to join me and form a grammar and spelling militia? We would commit acts of editing terrorism across the country. For example, we'd dress all in black, and sneak over to the barbecue place near here that has "the best wing's in town".

And we'd execute that apostrophe.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
I could read it easily and I AM the original spelling nazi as my children will gladly testify.
I used to have to give my father a nickel for any misspelling or misuse of grammer, or use of slang. Additionally, if i wanted to know what the definition of a word was, or the correct spelling, I had to look it up myself - those were the rules. I hated them.
Remember Reader's Digest "Enrich Your Word Power"? We had "word of the day" and had to use our word at dinner in sentences during the course of "normal conversation". It felt ridiculous and I didn't like to invite friends for dinner :hide

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
farmerlor said:
I used to have to give my father a nickel for any misspelling or misuse of grammer, or use of slang. Additionally, if i wanted to know what the definition of a word was, or the correct spelling, I had to look it up myself - those were the rules. I hated them.
Remember Reader's Digest "Enrich Your Word Power"? We had "word of the day" and had to use our word at dinner in sentences during the course of "normal conversation". It felt ridiculous and I didn't like to invite friends for dinner :hide
Are you related to me??? We had to study Reader's Digest "Enrich Your Word Power" with my dad too. We also had to do the New York Crossword puzzle with him on Sundays. (I still love to do crosswords...)

And we also had to look up words in the 5 inch thick dictionary that was housed on a pulpit.

None of my friends enjoyed coming over etiher. :rolleyes: That and the fact that we weren't allowed junk food in the house kept all my friends far away. :p

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:

Farmerlor, want to join me and form a grammar and spelling militia? We would commit acts of editing terrorism across the country. For example, we'd dress all in black, and sneak over to the barbecue place near here that has "the best wing's in town".

My daughter, who grew up to be an editor, would gladly join us. She gets so wild about misplaced apostrophes and things like their, there, they're that we might lose control of her. I don't know how she got that way. :hu

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
farmerlor said:
We did that too!!!! Mom had a word of the day for each of us. We had to look it up, learn it's definition and learn it's forms and use the word at dinner. My mother never came to see me sing at school. She never saw me run track and she never saw me in the school plays. She didn't care about my awards in biology or the scholarship I got to college. But she was there when I won the spelling bee every year. Weird woman.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Occamstazer said:

My daughter, who grew up to be an editor, would gladly join us. She gets so wild about misplaced apostrophes and things like their, there, they're that we might lose control of her. I don't know how she got that way. :hu
Can we do something about "12 items or less" at the checkout stand too, please? :rant

I think the stats for reading the note are probably quite accurate. It is just that everybody here at SS is exceptional :D

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
The Vail Benton's said:
farmerlor said:
Are you related to me??? We had to study Reader's Digest "Enrich Your Word Power" with my dad too. We also had to do the New York Crossword puzzle with him on Sundays. (I still love to do crosswords...)

And we also had to look up words in the 5 inch thick dictionary that was housed on a pulpit.

None of my friends enjoyed coming over etiher. :rolleyes: That and the fact that we weren't allowed junk food in the house kept all my friends far away. :p
SISTAH!!!!! :lol:

BBH we could have grown up in the same house (in parallel universes maybe?) I lived near the north end of Lake Washington in Lake Forest Park back then.