eonvrye taht can raed tihs rsaie yuor hnad

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I must really be weird. Not only did I read it, I had no problem ignoring the spelling errors and moving on. I tinhk myabe bcaeuse tahts how I tpye msot of the tmie.:lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:frow

I read it with no problems ... then again I have taught in public school for many years!! :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I read it with ease. And I am the official "proofreader" in my family and have been at work too.
But I can accept other people's poor spelling, I am surrounded by people who are dyslexic, so I often have to figure out what they are trying to write. It is better that they have the confidence to write, then to have them be so embarrassed by their poor writing skills that they won't write at all!!!

What does bother me, is when newspapers, magazines and other publications misspell words or have bad punctuation. :barnie

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I read it with ease. And I am the official "proofreader" in my family and have been at work too.
But I can accept other people's poor spelling, I am surrounded by people who are dyslexic, so I often have to figure out what they are trying to write. It is better that they have the confidence to write, then to have them be so embarrassed by their poor writing skills that they won't write at all!!!

What does bother me, is when newspapers, magazines and other publications misspell words or have bad punctuation. :barnie
FD-I think so too. The confidence to write is sometimes more important. My two boys spelling, punctuation, and grammer are terrible. Especially the youngest (8yo). He HATES writing. It's easier to forgive others mistakes. But yeah, professional publications are definately held to a much higher standard. I'd think it's their JOB to produce quality and it drives me nuts when I find errors.

btw-no problem reading this post.......kinda scary if ya think about it. :p