EPA Looks at Banning Lead Based Ammo - Update on pg 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
"This would basically end the shooting sports as we know it. Remember this is a no-win situation for us, because bullets made of materials other than lead are often considered armor piercing by law. Copper is your basic material, and copper is expensive, and has much poorer performance properties than lead."

At the moment this is just a petition of proposed rule making, and there will be public comment on it, BUT there is nothing that says that have to actually listen to the public. Here is a site that you can go to to read the text.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Didn't Wisconsin get rid of lead shot a million years or so ago? I think they were using steel after that.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Probably just another way to try to disarm citizens. Got an email a few days ago that lists the way our govt. can ban firearms without ever having to pass a law. Pretty scary IMO.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You know what shocked me a year ago was when a friend of mine told me they HAD PASSED (and somehow I never heard of it during the process?) a law that made illegal all books written for children before a recent year. All the history texts, etc. that many people use for homeschooling could no longer be bought, sold, or traded or I suppose technically owned. The local homeschool book reseller had been told to destroy all such books and she called my friend and asked her to come get her books so she wouldn't have to burn them.

That's another way to rewrite history, no? Get rid of any texts that disagree with what you want everyone to think.

Lead bans can go a long way.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Didn't Wisconsin get rid of lead shot a million years or so ago? I think they were using steel after that.
They outlawed lead shot for water fowl hunting. Some states outlawed lead for upland game birds as well. They now use steel shot.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I can see where lead would be a problem, especially now that they have cleaned up air pollution, stopped all chemicals from being sprayed on crops, invented an affordable car that runs on a very affordable, environmentally friendly fuel, cleaned up the nations polluted lakes, rivers, streams and oceans. I mean really, its about time they tackled this problem.

Is there a saracism dripping smilie somewhere?

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that we are slapping at gnats when we have elephants jumping thru our windows?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
2dream said:
I can see where lead would be a problem, especially now that they have cleaned up air pollution, stopped all chemicals from being sprayed on crops, invented an affordable car that runs on a very affordable, environmentally friendly fuel, cleaned up the nations polluted lakes, rivers, streams and oceans. I mean really, its about time they tackled this problem.

Is there a saracism dripping smilie somewhere?

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that we are slapping at gnats when we have elephants jumping thru our windows?
:yuckyuck :lol:
Actually not funny at all, because you are right IMO

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
You know what shocked me a year ago was when a friend of mine told me they HAD PASSED (and somehow I never heard of it during the process?) a law that made illegal all books written for children before a recent year. All the history texts, etc. that many people use for homeschooling could no longer be bought, sold, or traded or I suppose technically owned. The local homeschool book reseller had been told to destroy all such books and she called my friend and asked her to come get her books so she wouldn't have to burn them.

That's another way to rewrite history, no? Get rid of any texts that disagree with what you want everyone to think.

Lead bans can go a long way.
This is scary!! It's what ruling parties have done through the ages to control the people. Starting with the Druids (burning their "books" which were on sticks), my father remembers book burning bonfires in Nazi Germany!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Wifezilla said:
They outlawed lead shot for water fowl hunting. Some states outlawed lead for upland game birds as well. They now use steel shot.
this is the sme in Canada--no lead shot for waterfowl. You can still use lead for upland game birds though.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The environment line is an excuse. The goal is to make hunting so expensive nobody bothers to even own a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.