Essential Items For Surviving in the Event of Rationing-Depression

hollybird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
use caution when trying out herbs. to much digitalis gives you a corrinary collapse. overdoses on many things can be deadly. the new herb books skip risky plants all together but the old books before the sue happy age give good details.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It just blows my mind that in 3 generations 90% (Just guessing) of the people in this country have lost the ability to take care of themselves. I would like to thank everyone here for taking the time to share their views, insight, and knowledge with others that may have lost some of the basic skills necessary to get through what looks like the beginning of a rough time.

Joe

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Re: people expecting the government to take care of them- you have to put it in the perspective that the news looks for those who complain and avoids any who might look self-sufficient.
I remember when we had a series of 3 earthquakes of 6 something and 7 something in a 24 hour stretch. There were some victorian houses that came off their piers and one woman got a broken leg from falling debris. The news didn't cover that- they went and stood in front of a little bitty town that had a little bitty strip of shops which had caught fire when matches they sold fell off the selves. The only place where this happened.
I got a call from my relatives (phones still worked fine,) all worried about the devastation they had seen on the news- in that story, they peole had shot footage very close to the fire because if they stepped back, everyone who have seen how small the fire really was. One plate fell off the windowsill at my place and even that landed on a chair and wasn't damaged.
One the third earthquake, I didn't even bother to get out of bed.
So you can't believe what the news chooses to air- they don't sell ad space interviewing those who simply do what they need to do.