Essential Oils for MRSA infection?

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Tea tree oil is found effective against MRSA. It is the only alternative used in Boston area hospitals for MRSA.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I was also going to suggest tea tree oil. Good luck and watch for spread to others in the household! Soap and water more than normal for everyone (I do not normally believe in killing everything off with "antibacterial" everything that is out there nowadays. But with MRSA a little killing off now can save an entire summer of fighting it. But you don't need the antibacterial chemicals- soap and water and proper washing will do the same thing)

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, for your excellent suggestions. I will pass them along to the child's parents. Moneysavingmamma was suggesting an old-fashioned black salve. I think you are speaking of "Prid" salve. That is some good stuff for boils!

opal

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
moneysavingmomma said:
At Wal-Mart and Super D they have this stuff that is jet black and the formal name starts with a I but can't rememeber the name. My 4 yr. old gets boils often and we put this on there and it draws it out with in a day or two. We see results over night! They use to call it black draw or black salve. It is also behind the counter at super D so you probably could ask the pharmacy and they can point you in the right direction.

Edit to say this isn't all natural but it works 100%
hi.. new here, just thought I'd post, I think that's ichthamal (spelling issue more than likely) My daughter used to call it ICKYmal.. also known by boil ease. One of my always in the house products.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Opal, and :welcome. I checked out Ichthammal on the web. It sounds a lot like the Prid Salve that I grew up with. Isn't it amazing that these work so well, and the medical doctors don't seem to recognize them? Well, maybe it's not that amazing..........I need to run to town and pick up some Ichthammal or Prid right away. I wasn't even aware they were still made! Woohoo!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just picked up some PRID for hubby. This is a very timely discussion :D

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Call me The Establishment, but have you considered consulting a physician for appropriate therapies?

Here's a site that has a collection of folk remadies that some informed pharamcist have collected and promote:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/

Maybe there's something there that would be useful.

BTW, my physician informs me that farm kids (who don't use sunscreen) end up with all kinds of skin issue in later life. Being brown as a nut probably isn't the best for this kid's future health. IMHO.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
1. I don't have insurance
2. I have been harmed by bad medical care more times than you can imagine.
3. Cancer is tied more to diet than sun exposure. There is nothing wrong with being brown as a nut unless you are eating a lot of sugars and processed foods. If so, the solution isn't stay out of the sun. The solution is to stop eating junk.
4. It often takes so long to get in to see a doctor now. So your choices are home treatment or the E.R.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
My vote is tea tree oil. I use it for everything from a deep rabbit scratch to bee stings.

I know this is off subject but my experience : I wrecked my motorcycle and got severe road rash on my left arm from scooting across the gravel on my shoulder and arm. They had to dig the gravel out and debris the wound.
I used melagel and Vaseline on my wounds and it burned like fire at first but my doctor and nurses were AMAZED :th at how quickly and without much scaring and how it healed.

Again I vote for tea tree oil.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
Call me The Establishment, but have you considered consulting a physician for appropriate therapies?

Here's a site that has a collection of folk remadies that some informed pharamcist have collected and promote:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/

Maybe there's something there that would be useful.

BTW, my physician informs me that farm kids (who don't use sunscreen) end up with all kinds of skin issue in later life. Being brown as a nut probably isn't the best for this kid's future health.
IMHO.
Its because of what they eat, and has nothing to do with being darkened.
Processed oils mess up the cells that are supposed to be fed with saturated fats (they consist of 50% saturated fats naturally) and cause you to end up frying in a literal sense.
Add to that all the other processed "foods", and today we have cancer.