Evacuating when told to by Government Officials

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I'm talking about. That and about another hundred things that go on around here when something like Katrina, Rita, Gustave or the like occur. People all piling up in whatever vehicles they have....10 years old and up, without a recent tuneup and barely enough gas to get anywhere. I've been told by friends and family of the multitudes of people stalled on the roadsides. Not me; thankyou very much. I'd rather be in my house, with my supplies than in my SUV with a bunch of crying kids, in a storm.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Veggie PAK said:
I would suggest that everybody look around their area during normal rush hour traffic if you have that. Look at it. If the traffic is snarled on a weekday, imagine what it would be if EVERYBODY (or almost everybody) was trying to leave, even within a few hours of each other. People would die in their cars because they wouldn't be able to get out before they ran out of gasoline. How about vehicle breakdowns and accidents? Then there's Road Rage to consider in those instances. If you don't leave 3 or 4 days early, you better plan to hunker down where you are.
rush hour traffic backs up in front of my house and sometimes I can't even get out of my driveway.... I am pretty sure I'll be stuck here.