Ever Given Blocking Suez Canal

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lot of news of cyber attacks in Australia. Hard to tell what's true and what's not true, maybe you could give us the truth.

I only know about the cyber attack on a live commercial news/breakfast show on channel 9. The breakfast show went off air for a while and the channel resumed programming outside of live broadcasts. Not sure what happened behind the scenes.

We really only have 5 major national tv news channels (networks?). Channel9 tends to sensationalism and I havent watched the channel in years. The breakfast shows can be funny though :p and I would not be surprised at all if they have offended someone enough to be targeted.

Here is a taste of the show, so you can see, its not particularly serious -

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Very strange... Ever Given still there???!!!

Screenshot_20210330-232656.png

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I have read/seen, is that they moved the Ever Given to a "lake" area for assessment and repairs.... it is in a area where other ships can get through so that it can be held there and checked out....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
From what I have read/seen, is that they moved the Ever Given to a "lake" area for assessment and repairs.... it is in a area where other ships can get through so that it can be held there and checked out....

"Suez Canal Authority Chairman Osama Rabie has suggested weather conditions, including high winds, and human error could have played a role in the grounding, which brought global shipping commerce to a standstill."

Boy wind and lightening are DANGEROUS all of a sudden 🤣. Please tell me wind is going to move a fully loaded 1300 ft cargo ship. I have some sawp land, I'll see you real cheap too.

Sorry but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know?

Self-Saver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Forgive me for busting a gut at your response. Wind and lightenin sure can be dangerous. You might not have fallen off a turnip truck but have you ever driven one on a windy day? Ever been on a sail boat? Wind can move tons. The size of that ship made it more vulnerable to catching wind and it doesn't need a sail, sheer size will do it. The bigger the structure the more wind it catches. Not trying to be rude, just a little reality check dude.
Peace!

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Much speculation has been stated publicly, even on MSM, about the possibility of this being a deliberate blockage. Taiwan could have chosen to do so to gain leverage against China, as well as other countries. In this current age in which we live, it's not unreasonable to see all disasters, man made or otherwise as signs of the times.

Self-Saver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head Gardener. "Speculation", "possibility", "could have." I have been on this earth long enough to have learned not to look for a snake under every rock. Sometimes things are really not worse than they seem.

And to Janet- there really are still accidents. :)

It seems that a lot of folks live in fear and every generation for eons has believed that they live in end times. If you look hard enough and speculate enough you can convince yourself of almost anything. I hate to see folks live that way.

We've reached another Spring! Rejoice!

Latest posts