Ever wonder what is in your shampoo?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
from experience vinegar and baking soda will strip away any dye you put in your hair in no time flat

i just planted some soapberry tree seeds and in only 9 years or so i will have my own natural shampoo....cant wait ;)

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
from experience vinegar and baking soda will strip away any dye you put in your hair in no time flat

i just planted some soapberry tree seeds and in only 9 years or so i will have my own natural shampoo....cant wait ;)
Been there done, that will never do it again. I ruined my hair and it took a while for me to bring it back to life not to mention having to re-color my hair which was a double whammy. I still keep hearing my sister, saying what did you expect? that is what you use to clean out the drain.

:old proceed with precaution and warning

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Probably the combination of chemicals from the dye, plus the vinegar and baking soda that really killed your hair. I've used the BS and ACV now for going on 2 years and my hair is healthier than it has ever been before.

YMWV :)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Probably the combination of chemicals from the dye, plus the vinegar and baking soda that really killed your hair. I've used the BS and ACV now for going on 2 years and my hair is healthier than it has ever been before.

YMWV :)
:thumbsup My hair always feels really good after I do the baking soda wash and vinegar rinse.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
To be completely honest, the soap I make tastes pretty damn good. It has a nice sweet taste to it, lol. I don't think I could punish my kids by washing their mouths out with it. ;)

As for your hair being nasty with it, you really do need an adjustment period to get your hair back to normal. I was using Pantene Pro V (a client gave me two HUGE bottles of it, I sure as heck wouldn't pay those prices!) and then switched over to White Rain (got it for like $5 for I think 28 of the 18oz bottles) and at first I thought "oh, what a HUGE mistake that purchase was, my hair is like straw!" I was too cheap to buy new stuff, so I cut back washing to like twice a week, and then it got back to the condition it was in when I was using the Pantene, and I'm back to my usual schedule of washings.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I know EXACTLY what I put in my shampoo, but thanks for asking.