eViL cRaMpS!!!! >:-O

WyoLiving

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
I've used both ibuprofen, and Red Raspberry, and found that while ibuprofen CAN be made to last longer (I had to take four at a time to last 8 hours), there were serious side effects. It can be a Central Nervous System depressant in some people, and I am one of them. Sleep apnea was not a reasonable risk. So for a long time I took IB during the daytime.

The last few times I dealt with it I could not use IB at all because of Crohn's. So I used Red Raspberry and Sage instead. They were just as effective as the IB at reducing flow, though I had to take them more often. Sage is pretty rough on the intestines too though, but RR isn't, it actually helps with that.

I used Red Raspberry for many years when I had severe cramping - from my teen years, until after my fifth child, they got worse every year, radiating down my legs. Red Raspberry did really well at helping to control that, I never had to use any other pain control for it other than a heating pad while I waited for it to kick in.

Homegrown was the best - we harvested tips in the spring, dried them whole, didn't crush them until use. Quite a bit more powerful than the commercial stuff.
Is it a special species of raspberry, or would any red raspberry plant do? could you explain a bit more about collecting ... is it just the new leaves on the tips of the plants that you pick?

I have had severe periods from my very first, and am now in my 40's. And they are getting worse.:( Mine last for 7 to 9 days, and I have had cramps so bad that I couldn't walk and sometimes the cramps are bad enough to make me vomit. I try not to take meds, but cannot live without IBUPROPHEN during the curse.

One thing that I do if the cramps get too bad is to lay down on my side and stretch out completely, even to the point of arching my back a bit. And hold it for a little while. The cramps make me want to curl up, but the stretching seems to make them less intense.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just pick the fresh new leaves in the spring. Any new growth. You can pick them into the summer as well, but we found the spring ones were the best.

Then dry them, and put them in a zip bag or lidded jar, and store in a dark place.

Any raspberry. Red Raspberry is traditional, but black will also work.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
WyoLiving said:
lwheelr said:
I've used both ibuprofen, and Red Raspberry, and found that while ibuprofen CAN be made to last longer (I had to take four at a time to last 8 hours), there were serious side effects. It can be a Central Nervous System depressant in some people, and I am one of them. Sleep apnea was not a reasonable risk. So for a long time I took IB during the daytime.

The last few times I dealt with it I could not use IB at all because of Crohn's. So I used Red Raspberry and Sage instead. They were just as effective as the IB at reducing flow, though I had to take them more often. Sage is pretty rough on the intestines too though, but RR isn't, it actually helps with that.

I used Red Raspberry for many years when I had severe cramping - from my teen years, until after my fifth child, they got worse every year, radiating down my legs. Red Raspberry did really well at helping to control that, I never had to use any other pain control for it other than a heating pad while I waited for it to kick in.

Homegrown was the best - we harvested tips in the spring, dried them whole, didn't crush them until use. Quite a bit more powerful than the commercial stuff.
Is it a special species of raspberry, or would any red raspberry plant do? could you explain a bit more about collecting ... is it just the new leaves on the tips of the plants that you pick?

I have had severe periods from my very first, and am now in my 40's. And they are getting worse.:( Mine last for 7 to 9 days, and I have had cramps so bad that I couldn't walk and sometimes the cramps are bad enough to make me vomit. I try not to take meds, but cannot live without IBUPROPHEN during the curse.

One thing that I do if the cramps get too bad is to lay down on my side and stretch out completely, even to the point of arching my back a bit. And hold it for a little while. The cramps make me want to curl up, but the stretching seems to make them less intense.
same for me,,those people that dont have any cramps dont realize how lucky they are,,I DREAD that time of the month.I found keeping ones weight down helps,,seems like if you get overweight the cramps are worse,at least for me.IB and Midol are a must,but dont go overboard on them as they can rip your guts up,I think Midol has IB in it.I am going to try the raspberry leaves next time,but yes on the heat pad and bed.