Extinguishers Banned as a Fire Safety Hazard

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
And now from Merry Old England, New of the Weird...

"Fire extinguishers could be removed from communal areas in flats throughout the country because they are a safety hazard, it has emerged."

It seems that they are worried that an untrained person might attempt to use one, rather than exiting the building.

Extinguishers banned as a fire safety hazard

Some of the comments hit the nail on the head.

"the chances of somebody using a wrong extinguisher will be zero if we had the right extinguisher placed in the area. For example, if we do not have any water extinguishers in the kitchen, people will not be able to use them(which can be unsafe for cooking fires)."

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I go to school with a fireman. He says they spray the top of the fire, do no good at all, and just stay in the building as another victim.

I don't think they made the rule because they'll use the wrong fire extinguisher, but because they use the fire extinguisher wrong.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Then maybe they should require people to learn how to use them rather than ban them.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Then maybe they should require people to learn how to use them rather than ban them.
Now Deb, you're using your head and that's not allowed these days. Shame on you :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm sorry! What ever was I thinking.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
OMG....what next...??? Interesting koxxx.....people never cease to amaze..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire in an apartment I used to live in. Had I just ran away the whole place could have gone up in flames before the fire department got there.

As it was there was NO damage except for my finger which got cut by that stupid safety ring on the fire extinguisher handle.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
As it was there was NO damage except for my finger which got cut by that stupid safety ring on the fire extinguisher handle.
Did ya sue?

:gig