Extinguishers Banned as a Fire Safety Hazard

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Wifezilla said:
As it was there was NO damage except for my finger which got cut by that stupid safety ring on the fire extinguisher handle.
Did ya sue?

:gig
I was thinking the same thing!

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Denim Deb said:
Then maybe they should require people to learn how to use them rather than ban them.
Oh sure, cuz requiring people to learn things always works so well :)

Pat
when I was a CNA the nursing home I worked in required everyone to be trained on how to use them,,It was a good thing,and we got to burn mattresses in the parking lot for 3 hours during training..lol.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
lorieMN said:
when I was a CNA the nursing home I worked in required everyone to be trained on how to use them,,It was a good thing,and we got to burn mattresses in the parking lot for 3 hours during training..lol.
all we did was discuss it :(

obviously i need to do more than theory :D

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire in an apartment I used to live in. Had I just ran away the whole place could have gone up in flames before the fire department got there.

As it was there was NO damage except for my finger which got cut by that stupid safety ring on the fire extinguisher handle.
Boy oh boy you really brought back old memories! Back in 1968 when I was in Viet Nam we had a fire in a storage/sleeping quarters one night due to incoming rocket fire. I was the first one on the scene and I used a hand-held extinguisher. Evidently I got my finger caught in the safety ring and I completely pulled off my fingernail. In all the excitement I didn't even realize it until someone else noticed all the blood. Later we discovered my fingernail in the safety ring. It wasn't very "safety" for me was it.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
:sick

Sorry Boogity, I just had a screaming willies moment when I read your story.

Did that fingernail ever grow back?
Yes but it took a looooong time and for many years it was funny looking but it's fine now. Holy cow, that was 43 years ago. I better go lay down! :rolleyes:

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
:sick

Sorry Boogity, I just had a screaming willies moment when I read your story.

Did that fingernail ever grow back?
x2!! blech!!

(and thank you for your service)