extra peach stuff :)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, I did peach jam yesterday and today. But, I have leftover peach stuff. what do I do with it? I don't really want to make salsa, but that seems to be my only option.
Thoughts? :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
How much peach stuff?

You obviously need pie or cobbler.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
old fashioned said:
topping for ice cream? or cake?
hmmm, how long do peaches last in the fridge?
just as peaches...probably about a week or less. I thought you were saying the extra peaches were already prepped with sugar & pectin and that could last maybe upto about a month. You could peel & pit them & stick em in the freezer, or can em. If they are prepped with sugar & pectin you could still can or freeze em.

Or like Abi says.....peach pie or cobbler :drool

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
colowyo0809 said:
old fashioned said:
topping for ice cream? or cake?
hmmm, how long do peaches last in the fridge?
just as peaches...probably about a week or less. I thought you were saying the extra peaches were already prepped with sugar & pectin and that could last maybe upto about a month. You could peel & pit them & stick em in the freezer, or can em. If they are prepped with sugar & pectin you could still can or freeze em.

Or like Abi says.....peach pie or cobbler :drool
Yeah, we skinned and chopped too many peaches, but they haven't been processed with the stuff yet. There isn't enough for pie or cobbler. there's maybe 2 cups in a liquid measuring cup

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Any chance you have some other fruit or berries...too much to toss but not enough for anything? You could mix it to make enough for a pie.