1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Solutions for a pecker - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Extreme Couponing

Discussion in 'Frugal Living - Making and Saving Money' started by tortoise, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Jul 1, 2012
    FarmerChick

FarmerChick Super Self-Sufficient

now that is a great savings. well done!!

2. Jul 1, 2012
    Wannabefree

Wannabefree Little Miss Sunshine

Thanks :) The best part was my neighbor let me send her to the store ;) I didn't even have to get in the heat since she was going anyway. I love her! :D

3. Dec 4, 2012
    jikksjo

jikksjo Sustainable Newbie

4. Dec 28, 2012
    ducks4you

ducks4you Almost Self-Reliant

I don't extreme coupon, but I do chase sales. The time to find the best prices is the last FULL week of the month. Most people blow their budget the FIRST full week, so the stores wait until later to offer the best deals, when fewer customers have the money for it. It helps their bottom lines.
    Best buy on coffee beans where I live is 8 o'clock, but ONLY at WalMart. Last year they printed 10% off coupons in the bag. DD found the last ones a couple of weeks ago, when I took the train down to C-dale, IL (she's in Law School) to help her clean house after finals. Last week I bought three 36 ounce packages and four 11 oz packages--froze most of it--before they expired on 12-31-12.
    If prices soar again, I bet they'll do the same. Look for the top of the package to tell you about a coupon, and find the coupon on the inside of the package. I cut them, then save in a small ziplock bag, kept in my kitchen drawer. I kept one or two this year at all times in my wallet, too.