Farm journal?

Ayla_noemi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had a friend who grew up on a farm in Norway that had been in the family since the Middle Ages (I am still amazed at that, living in the US where nothing is more than a few centuries at best). Anyway, they decided to take down an old shed on the property and discovered it had been insulated inside the walls with all kinds of papers dating from the early 17th century- things like newspapers, letters, even a Bible as I recall. They called the curator of the museum in Oslo and told him if he wanted the stuff to get down there before they burned it. Well, it normally takes about 3 hours to get from Oslo to their farm but he got there in 2, lol. While he was loading stuff up, the farmer asked him if he would be interested in some of their farm jounals- which dated to the Middle Ages; he only wanted to hang on to the last hundred years or so. They said the guy almost peed himself....

That is awesome I myself dabble in genealogical research and historical context so I understand his excitement.