Farm-Raised Fish Operation

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our area has several oyster "farms"...along the Chesapeake Bay.

A local friend has several "ponds" he dug when he purchased a low area of land. Now dry pastures and several ponds. Well, now those ponds have some HUGE catfish in them. I've seen them come to the surface when he throws feed to them. Gotta be 2' long. Nope, they don't eat fish! LOL

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our area has several oyster "farms"...along the Chesapeake Bay.

A local friend has several "ponds" he dug when he purchased a low area of land. Now dry pastures and several ponds. Well, now those ponds have some HUGE catfish in them. I've seen them come to the surface when he throws feed to them. Gotta be 2' long. Nope, they don't eat fish! LOL

There is a pond like that not more than 500 yards from the north west corner of my property. It's only known by a few around here and occasionally during the spring and summer I get a few people asking if they can cross my property to get to it and fish. I've seen what they bring back and they are some whopper channel catfish. Catfish with white bellies, is what I call channel cats.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Catfish are very good eating. People all across the South love fried catfish. There are catfish restuarants where fried catfish is served, with hush puppies and French fries.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Catfish are very good eating. People all across the South love fried catfish. There are catfish restuarants where fried catfish is served, with hush puppies and French fries.

I don't care much for catfish anymore. I loved it when I was younger. But I still like grits, can I still be a southerner anyways?