FarmerDenise's journal - full on harvest time = busy, busy, busy

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Here are the pics!!

Last night, within minutes of the birth!

1599_100_0585.jpg

This morning, I was greeted by mom and baby

1599_100_0605.jpg

Mom and baby, we decided to name him Billy Bud

1599_100_0618.jpg

We were glad I was there last night. The baby has a big head and was kind of stuck for a while, so I helped pull him out. SO slipped the pad under him, just as he fell out. Then I had to clear his nostrils, because they were full of mucus.

I milked out some colostrum and Blossom didn't mind. I am freezing it, just in case we need it in the future. I gave Blossom fresh water with molasses in it and we gave her fresh hay and SO fed her her usual evening feed. Then we left them in peace. Flower was well behaved and even though we were prepared to lock her out of the goat pen, we don't need to.
She meat birds that live in the goat pasture did a lot of cleanup this morning. They even tried to eat the placenta. I ended up taking what was left of it out.

Now I have grandbaby too and am staying quite busy. I keep checking on Blossom, because I am concerned about her being ok. She didn't drink as much as I would like and her eyelids are kind of pale. I mixed a fresh batch of molasses water for her and added electrolites and vitamins. I am hoping it is her, that is drinking it and not Flower.
Blossom did eat well this morning an I milked out some more colostrum. I filled 1/2 a quart jar. I still need to strain it, label it and freeze it.

I am still feeling tired, but I am also so excited and happy. :weee

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congratulations on your "new arrival"! :ya
Nice work on the assist!
// -... - //
Trim sends