FarmerDenise's journal - full on harvest time = busy, busy, busy

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It is amazingly wonderful out today. We are in shorts and tanktops, reading the paper (which the nighbor brought over) and puttering about (pulling weeds and spent plants to fed the chickens and goats) and making dinner (Got homegrown chicken marinating in sauce that was given to us by a neighbor, SO picked zucchini and carrots, which he is cutting up, and we plan on making a huge tomato salad.)
They are predicting the possibility of more rain for us this week, so I am headed back out to see what else I feel like doing on this peaceful, hot, sunshiney fall day.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had a couple really nice days but they say summer will be back this week. Mid 80's to low 90's Wed and Thurs. :idunno

Looks like and Indian Summer after all.

g

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Looks like we are having an indian summer also this year. It is still a little foggy out, but warming up.
I just tied our buckling up, got the chickens and goats fed, the poop scraped off the chicken perches and am wanderin around appreciating the garden. Of course then I see all the stuff that needs to be harvested and processed :th

Ok, I am going to put away all the big jars and strainers, that are sitting on the counter, so I can go and get my "grapejuice" into gallon jars to let it do it's next step to becoming wine.

The sun is breaking through. I am going to have a nice piece of whole grain bread with some very ripe brie and then go out and get some more stuff done

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have to say every time I see an Animal Control officer or a Codes official I get the same stomach flip ... even though we are doing nothing wrong. Very stressful farming in the big city. :/

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have been busy and enjoying my mother's stay for these last weeks.

I thought I would get tired of having mom with us, but as it turns out, I feel wonderful having been able to give her sanctuary. SO has been wonderful about it as well. He said, it made him think about having his mother around still. She is going to leave on thursday to go to my sister's place. I know I will really miss her.

She was drained and we did our best to spoil her, as she has spoiled me in the past, when I sought sanctuary in my parental home. Of course, I had my grandson to help raise my mother's spirits. And the little babe did a wonderfull job. :D

I did my best to keep up with my farm work, and mom helped a lot. I look forward to setting up a new routine and at the same time I know I will miss having mom around to help out in little ways as she has been doing.