FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas. 45 years ago, hometown church from the late 1800s was torn down. I was lucky enough to get 6 slate roof shingles. Have been toting them around ever since. I have no idea what to do with them. They are in great condition.

I really need some ideas.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hmm. No idea but I'm guessing if you Google slate roof tile ideas a bunch of things would come up on Pinterest.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A really nice painting on them, all the same theme, but different, would be cool.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh duh! Some years ago I had all the wood removed from my house and replaced with Hardi- plank siding. My DH, who is a fairly talented guy did a pic of the house in a piece of the original siding.

image.jpg

Pic doesn't really do it justice. I like how rustic it is.

Maybe you could do a sketch or even some photographs that you kind of age and apply to them. Different pics/views of the original church - or something like Bay said - a themed subject...maybe different churches? Just an idea!

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hey...been a while.

8 days ago, I was in the airport gate area waiting for a flight to Colorado for a few days break at the wife's insistence. Work has been rough. She calls that she isn't feeling well, I need to come home.

Long story short, I brought her home from the hospital Friday night a week later. She had had several small heart attacks that day, and was having one in the ER. Great doctors and she is recovering nicely. Dodged a huge bullet.

I am posting this for the ladies. Her only immediate symptom was jaw joint pain. Like sore from chewing taffy. We took her BP and it was not really that off. Women don't present symptoms like the movies. Be aware and take care of yourselves

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH dang, FJ! So sorry that she went through that. Really glad that she's better! Appreciate the heads-up... women really don't have the classical heart attack symptoms and need to take heed if any unusual symptoms pop up.

Latest posts