FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thanks, had a great phone call tonight, final onsite next week. Whew, this is exhausting. Lolol.

Come on Powerball ticket...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping on the lottery too and to add insult to injury someone in Ireland won the Euro Millions lottery last night :( Sadly it wasn't me.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
no Powerball last night, so the effort continues.

My BIL's father passed earlier this week. At home, peacefully, unfortunately, alone. Calling hours tonight, funeral tomorrow.

whew

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm playing the lottery too and hoping :fl For me right now buying my own place is all I want, the security it will give us. Hopefully the right balls will fall for us both soon!

Sorry to hear about your BIL's father's passing.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Friday was interesting. Went to the funeral service. The cemetery was about 25 minutes away (slow procession), so I thought I would head home - I had another place initial phone call at 3:30. I stopped for gas, and had a feeling, or whatever, I should go back for the church meal after the grave site service. So I did after I called to postpone the phone call interview.

Background: When my mom was dying, my sister (only sibling) took it really hard and it was not pretty. At the same time, my ex and I were back in court and she even threatened to kill me. Add in my now wife to the mix making the ex even angrier, and it was a bit tense. The sister and ex were accusing me of some really stupid things about money and my mom's estate. I did not get an invite to my eldest niece's wedding, she inserted herself into the discussions between me and my sister, and I, not crudely, but directly, told her to mind her own business. Younger niece has been renting mom's house for about 2.5 hours now. I have seen no rent, nor have I signed over the title until I am paid the amount my sister agreed to. The whole thing of her moving in was a bit tense, too.

Anyways, after the awkward meal, my BIL and his brothers invite everyone out to the farm to sample, take home, the bottles and bottles of homemade wine their dad made (all the time). I spent a lot of time chatting with the extended family I hadn't seen in forever (before I got married the first time, he was my "adopted" dad, like he was to so many). My youngest niece came an plopped down next to me. We talked for about 1.5 hours. Talked about my mom (evidently something is going on in the house with stuff falling off of shelves, pictures falling, etc. I joked grandma is upset about something. LOL). We talked about her late grandpa, I told her some stories she didn't know about. Finally, we were talking about the house. She flat out stated she is upset with her mom dragging things out and did not blame me at all. I did not complain about my sister, I had just said I have done everything I can to move things along.

Leaving that evening, I told her I missed the family gatherings and her. I got a real strong hug and she agreed.

I am so glad I turned the car around.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs I'm also glad you did. What a wonderful idea that turned out to be. I hope everything will get resolved for you soon. Family feuds and troubles over money, property, etc can be so stressful!