FarmerJamie - A new beginning

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad the light and vitamin D is helping you. Here, we get sunny days even in the winter, so I go outside a lot. The dogs bask in the warm sunshine. The sheep move in the sun, then retreat to the shade of the barn. I don't think I would like dreary winter days for days and weeks unending.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm glad the light and vitamin D is helping you. Here, we get sunny days even in the winter, so I go outside a lot. The dogs bask in the warm sunshine. The sheep move in the sun, then retreat to the shade of the barn. I don't think I would like dreary winter days for days and weeks unending.

You must be talking about Maine. There are times, not just in the winter, when I will stop all activity and invite others to join me as we stare at the golden orb in the sky, and marvel that there are shadows being cast on the ground!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You must be talking about Maine. There are times, not just in the winter, when I will stop all activity and invite others to join me as we stare at the golden orb in the sky, and marvel that there are shadows being cast on the ground!

we call that the UFO! last winter i think there was at least a month where we didn't see the sun. then we get a clear up and it gets very cold and sunny and we're so glad to see it and the days are getting longer so it feels like we are just getting there towards spring.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One huge milestone reached today. No more alimony payments. Seven year long nightmare is over.

i've never bit that particular bullet so i'd congratulate you for being a braver soul than i. you got it done. i didn't know there was a time limit on it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
i've never bit that particular bullet so i'd congratulate you for being a braver soul than i. you got it done. i didn't know there was a time limit on it.
Ohio general rule is 1 year of spousal support for each 3 years of marriage.
It was not painless, but I had a great lawyer. I also have some great friends who got me mentally through the rough stuff. I have a great wife now and am very happy. I would be lying if I said it was an easy journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One huge milestone reached today. No more alimony payments. Seven year long nightmare is over.
THAT is definitely a Merry Christmas. You made it. Take a deep breath, savor the moment. From this day onward, your work, your efforts, your earned living belongs to you and your wife. Together y’all will move forward with your life. Merry Christmas.