FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Still plugging away. Appliances delivered and set up yesterday. One kitchen wall is complete! Painted, countertop caulked, outlets and switches replaced. Kitchen and two additional rooms spackled, , ready to be sanded. Two shelving units moved over and reassembled. Found a huge deal at Staples for new office furniture. Huge. Youngest is coming Sunday to help, not sure what we are doing yet, this week will tell.

Volunteer gig at the county soil and water district today. Their online tree ordering starts Dec 1. No hard and fast plan, want to see what they are offering. Trees delivered in April.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sitting in a lawn chair in the kitchen in the pre dawn darkness letting the wife sleep, sipping some hot coffee, looking at piles of boxes, walls to paint, and cats exploring, I feel like I am home. Our home. ❤️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Progress, even with the supervision
Need to have it functional by Monday
20231123_153328.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I updated this journal name years ago post divorce, entering a fresh chapter in my life. When my kids were young, we would spend Black Friday putting up Christmas decorations inside and outside (my favorite) while their mom and my mom would power shop. We went all out. Since then, a lot has changed, mostly for the better. Situations for the past 13 years prevented anything outside, however.

Until today........ ❤️
Not much, but my heart cried happy tears.
20231125_175014.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sometimes, as parents, were are given these deeply personal confirmations.....they learned, listened, appreciated and retained what we hoped but, didn't know they did. Peas & carrots, who knew.🥰. For me, DD was making bread last week. 🥰

Its always heartwarming and quietly emotional. A gift.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wife and I visited my son in his new apartment and had dinner with him and his girlfriend yesterday.
Spent a good deal of time talking about canning this summer. He was asking a lot of good questions. He evidently got a bunch of his maternal grandmother's canning stuff?
He wants canned potatoes.

All three kids have now expressed interest in canning this summer, but all different stuff. Can't wait!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Her expectations may be a little too much. You may have to bring her back down to earth. Do pay attention and value her input. Then gently explain why this or that is not feasible right now. Pick a few of her want list activities and do them to make her happy and feel valued.

Latest posts