FarmerJamie - A new beginning

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I heard the tail end of it on the news this morning while I was driving to the farm, but not enough to know what had happened. I didn't know if he had been killed by the animals or what. But, as far as I'm concerned, public safety always comes first. If they had not been able to do what they did, and someone had been killed, then they would have been condemned for that.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think we had very fair coverage here--the news said (and I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember everything they said) that he had recently got out of jail and had a troubled past, and was unable to care for the animals so set them free and took his own life. They also said that tranquilizers take time, time that an animal could harm someone or another animal, and that the animals were suffering/starving so it was best to put them down quickly when lives were in danger.

My heart is sad that he saw no other way out, and I pray for his family--they have lost a loved one, regardless of his past. :(

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That was a very sad situation. I sure hope this really does create some better laws in Ohio about owning exotics. We have a tiger rescue about 10 miles away from us and there was recently the threat that the home was going to forclose and the people lose their home. Where do the tigers go if they lose their home? Luckily something good must have happened because the people are still there with their tigers. I would feel a lot better if the tigers weren't there.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
That was a very sad situation. I sure hope this really does create some better laws in Ohio about owning exotics. We have a tiger rescue about 10 miles away from us and there was recently the threat that the home was going to forclose and the people lose their home. Where do the tigers go if they lose their home? Luckily something good must have happened because the people are still there with their tigers. I would feel a lot better if the tigers weren't there.
I can't say I blame you. We had the same problem in Jersey years ago, but at least that wasn't around here. It was closer to Garden Pixie.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It's over, all animals have been accounted for. The herpes-infected monkey has been found dead.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Truly a sad situation for all. Moolie, you said it best. I too feel for the family of this man. Thankfully...no one was hurt.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
FarmerJamie, looking forward to more posts! :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im gettig ready to update my journal Jamie, you need to do it too!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not much going on right now around here that is worthy of sharing.