FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It's been a long week. The wife had a kidney stone procedure Monday, crazy work week. Made very little progress in the house.

A little frustrated as I was looking through the freezers for pork chops and found a dozen preflavored pork loin packages. Those things are nasty. Why a dozen? "Because they were on sale 75% off"....

If I had chickens, they would be feeding on those things.

Unbeknownst to me, she has all three freezers packed full of I don't know what.

Ugh, very frustrated right now. I hate wasting food (and money)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A little frustrated as I was looking through the freezers for pork chops and found a dozen preflavored pork loin packages. Those things are nasty.
Uh - oh! In my former life there was one flavor that my dh liked.... I wanna say it was garlic/herb flavored? It wasn't bad. Maybe you can wash 'em really good and re-flavor them? I know they're usually injected with something - but maybe some barbecue sauce can overcome? Or used sparingly in a pot of beans? Might be tolerable and wouldn't be wasted?

Hope next week is easier!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Uh - oh! In my former life there was one flavor that my dh liked.... I wanna say it was garlic/herb flavored? It wasn't bad. Maybe you can wash 'em really good and re-flavor them? I know they're usually injected with something - but maybe some barbecue sauce can overcome? Or used sparingly in a pot of beans? Might be tolerable and wouldn't be wasted?

Hope next week is easier!
I don't know what it is that is so off putting. Mouth feel to me is a little like gum. The flavoring tastes fake.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
A little frustrated as I was looking through the freezers for pork chops and found a dozen preflavored pork loin packages. Those things are nasty. Why a dozen? "Because they were on sale 75% off"....

If I had chickens, they would be feeding on those things.
No need to waste it. You can pass on the gift to others. 💗 Still out the money, but you might not feel as bad about it.

Pro tip: write your freezer inventory on the door/lid of the freezer in dry erase marker. Washes off with isopropyl alcohol if you forget it for a long time and it doesn't wipe away dry

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
No need to waste it. You can pass on the gift to others. 💗 Still out the money, but you might not feel as bad about it.

Pro tip: write your freezer inventory on the door/lid of the freezer in dry erase marker. Washes off with isopropyl alcohol.
Ummmmm, have tried that twice...takes the ability to follow a process. All I am going to say

I had to take a brief walk in the sun earlier.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221106-195127_Messenger.jpg