FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It's been a crazy two weeks. Last stent is coming out 4 days early. The pain has been bad for her.

Have come to the personal conclusion the wife is not going to be able to physically add to the home work efforts for the foreseeable future. So it's step up time. The freezer in the top of the fridge was packed full. This weekend, I started working through everything to try to use it up before freezer burn sets in. I will leave it at that

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Have come to the personal conclusion the wife is not going to be able to physically add to the home work efforts for the foreseeable future. So it's step up time.
You don't have to do it all. Maybe your local aging and disabilities office can give you a list of resources? I just met people from our ADRC and center for independent living. They can work miracles. They got a bidet for a friend after her shoulder surgery - which kept her out of post-acute nursing. They had a heck of a fight with her landlord to convince them to allow them to install it. :rolleyes: They help with so many needs - respite, transportation. Even just providing art supplies to help someone cope. I hope there is something similar in your county. :hugs

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well said @baymule such a true statement, there are some great men out there and @FarmerJamie you are one of them (my DH is one of them too though he wouldn't 'think' of most of the things that would have to be done!) Life is a journey for sure. I wish I lived closer because I would definitely love to help. I will send my prayers your way, that is all that I can do.

Latest posts