Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Souinds like your spring is in full-force run mode!! Congrats on the plant sales and all you have accomplished recently. (We are still waiting for spring to really hit here - still fluctuating between 20s through 40s.... but the yard is full of redwing blackbirds and robins.)

I have added your son to our prayer list this week.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Still working my tail off at work. :/ Just come home tired to start with and then have to do more stuff.

Last night we made it to bed at around 11:30 after finally getting home from a late dinner out with CPA friend and his family and then he did my taxes. Nothing too exciting there to report. At least we don't have to pay much.

Tonight I had another "Plants for Sale" Craigslist customer. I have sold $71.00 worth of plants from thinning my garden beds so far! :weee Money that can be put to use for the concrete in my new sidewalk. In addition I am thinning the bulbs and perennials some to allow more spots to grow more food crops. :bun

Tomorrow should be another VERY busy day - PLUS I have some more people supposed to come to buy plants AND I have to finish getting ready for TSC Demo Days on Saturday where I will be with my hens and promoting my chicken coop plans.

All of my praying friends out there be praying for my GEEK son. He is having some hard times currently and is feeling pretty low. :(

Well off to bed. Tomorrow is a day.
I know it's not the same, but you can always send him here It Gets Better
It's the website for the It gets better project, where people who have survived to adulthood while growing up "non normal" have posted videos about it. Maybe help him break out of his own circle of unhappiness :)

:hugs

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hope your son is doing better. Awesome on the plant sales! How are you pricing them? I've got some raspberries that I just listed tonight for $5 or trade for hens, eggs, other bulbs, seeds, manure, etc. I guess I'll just see what happens...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Kids say the cutest things sometimes! I really enjoy children from age 3 to about 9 the best, they say such profound and funny things sometimes and have such a neat way of viewing the world.

It is great that you spend time helping folks to understand chickens better. I was amazed when I worked at a veterinary clinic how uneducated everyone was about chickens despite everyone eating eggs all the time. Even "bird" lovers did not seem to count them as birds. Someone asked one day, who has birds? I answered "Me!" because I had 19 chickens and 17 ducks at the time. When I mentioned what I had, they said, "Oh, I mean BIRDS, you know, like parrots and cockatoos."

I guess chickens and ducks are not really birds. They just live in factorys like machines and pump out eggs and meat I guess. They are not BIRDS.

Latest posts