Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
How lucky that you have had a chance to clear out the garden. We have had so much rain recently (for that matter, this year) that the garden is too wet to go into yet. The garden is sad looking with the dead corn husks, dried up perennials, pepper plants, squash vines, green tomatoes, and strawberry bushesjust sitting out there. I know in my mind that unless we have sun the next two days (not in the forecast), TR and I won't be able to clean it up before we leave for Texas. On the bright side, the freezer and pantry are full. :D

The sunroom here is on the southern side of the house. The main wall is 20 feet long and we have large windows, which we take full advantage of in autumn, winter and spring. I brought the house plants back inside as well as the herbs. It is a wonderful place to read garden catalogues and start plants in the winter. :p

ETA: FF, I meant to ask you about homemade soap. My friend Sofia gave me 3 bars of lye soap her mother made. It is just a brown soap. Sofia had it in a plastic bag, and when I removed the bars to place them on a rack to dry out, they felt very oily. I have had homemade lye soap that wasn't this oily before, so I am wondering if you think being stored in the plastic bag caused this ... or possibly if it could be the recipe Sofia's mom uses to make the soap? :hu