Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Bronchial infection and arthritis flair up here.

Actually look at the list again.

Most things on there take under 15 minutes each.

Just a lot of irons in the fire. But that is how I seem to do it. ( PS. cinnamon rolls baking and bacon just started, dishes rinsed and stacked right now).

Even canning the pears. Peel em and get em ready while sitting by TV... an water bath canning a snap and really needs little supervision.

See there.

Hope your throat feels better. You might try an old Granny remedy (if you can stand it- it really helps) Nest time you take your aspirin, yes regular old Bayer. Don't swallow it suck on it till it dissolves. It will help your throat.

Gotta go and check the bacon.
Thanks but I'm allergic to aspirin. Took it once. Ended up in the ER. That allergic!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Bro-in-law is also allergic to aspirin. It just makes him throw up.

Kid #2 is so allergic to wheat gluten she goes into anaphalic shock.

And I am also allergic to gluten but just get sick.

Allergies stink!
They do. I throw up if I take anything related to aspirin unexpectedly. Like when my mom tried to give me peptobismal for the first and only time. Aspirin was just plain ole anaphyactic shock. Not fun.
Know a lot of people with gluten allergies. Not fun.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
We just discovered we were celiac in February of this year. I had chronic acid reflux and daughter 22 had to have gall bladder removed. (the tests surrounding that is how we found out) Now we are both much healthier.

It has actually been easier for daughter and I, than for most people. Since we both are cooks, we know what ingredients are in things. Also since I am a self sufficiency weirdo (we know about THOSE people) I make a lot of my own foods (like the marinara sauce) so I know what I put in it is organic and healthy for me.
I've suffered with reflux for a few years now. I should probably look into the whole gluten thing seriously. I'm a complete carbaholic.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sheesh, you did more before breakfast than I did all day! No wonder you're a little pooped!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I tend to be a morning person. Get up and get at it.

Cause later I just sit and poop out!

If I start the day lazy - the whole day gets shot.

Some whole days are diddlers.

I walk around diddling. I start this ... then remember I need to do that ... then I get distracted by this neat thing ... then I try to refocus and start something totally new. And finally at the end of a VERY tiring day I have done NOTHING!

Other days - I never know when or how they happen .... I get up and by the end of the day I have completed items 1 thru 50 on a mental list including some MAJOR projects that have been in the works for a long while.

Of course as luck has it I have a lot more diddlers than those good days.
I like it when I get alot of things done. But, I know about those "diddler" days. Kind of when doing one thing leads to another, then another, then another and you realize you didn't get anything really accomplished.

Glad you're feeing better. My BIL is allergic to gluten, too. Makes his stomach cramp with diarreah (sp).