Favorite Books about Homesteading??

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is true that experience and practice are major factors in learning. You can read how to build a cabin in 20 different books but until you do it, you just don't really know it. DIY teaches you to improvise for sure

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anybody have any good books they've read recently about homesteading/farming/self-reliance? Any favorites?

I've been leafing through John Seymour's The Self-Sufficient Life; one of my favorites about small-farm agriculture is Wendell Berry's The Unsettling of America. I just recently read Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard and really enjoyed it.

Barnyard in Your Backyard - This book covers the basics of raising chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, goats, sheep, and cattle.
You Can Farm - The focus here is on a profit-making enterprise, but there's lots of great information for small farmers who don't want to bring products to market. Read and Enjoy.. :D :D :D

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anybody have any good books they've read recently about homesteading/farming/self-reliance? Any favorites?

I've been leafing through John Seymour's The Self-Sufficient Life; one of my favorites about small-farm agriculture is Wendell Berry's The Unsettling of America. I just recently read Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard and really enjoyed it.
The Gardening Bible. Author Barbara Damrosch offers you a combination of new ideas and old-fashioned concepts that still apply today.

Latest posts