Favorite Homesteading sites or shows on Youtube or on the internet.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I just watched some of his stuff yesterday!!

I'm getting more and more interested in aquaponics....
Me too. I've done a few experiments with floating lettuce and baby boc choi over my gold fish and they did well until the roots got too big and the fishy ate the off haha.. but I ended up with enuf baby boc choi for two dinners and we harvested lettuce for about two weeks. not enuf for huge salads but enuf for putting on sandwiches every day for those two weeks and one big salad when I harvested them all.
but the fish eating the roots once they got really big(like filling the top half of the tank big) is the reason why that usually isn't the best way to do aquaponics. so this summer I want to take my old wading pool and put it next to the big outdoor pond(ornamental type not nature type) and pump water thru it but having problems with bell siphons working properly. I'll try first with my pet gold fish but if it works out I'll start getting bigger stuff to try yellow perch here.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This guy, Dino Pinch, has put up lots of household and shop videos, very thoroughly explained (at least, the ones I've looked at). Plumbing, electrical, lighting, homesteading, shop processes (including woodworking and welding), machinery, and lots else. He delivers with an amusing (to me) NYC accent of some kind... so what? Brouse through the videos... he's got many of them.

His Youtube site, called Handyman Zone, is at this address:
http://www.youtube.com/user/roslynny/videos

robinhoodie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I can't post links yet but username solarcabin on YouTube is pretty awesome. He makes tiny solar powered homes and gives a lot of good information away for free. I think he also has some ebooks and hardcovers on how to build one of his solar homes.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Some guy going by the name of Praxxis55712 or maybe it's 555712...? Anyway, he gives good info on growing veggies both outdoors and indoors through winter.

ETA: On YouTube ;)