Federal government seeking to make forms of bartering illegal

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Greendecember said:
Wifezilla said:
It may be aimed at people or states minting coins, but if there is any way some power hungry moron can abuse it and make me trading some duck eggs for a bar of soap a crime, you can bet dollars to donuts they will.
LOL they could try, and I would not put it past them but they can't keep up with 1/10th of the drug dealers. I think Under the table duck egg trading will be low on the to do list :lol:
My thought is, they are not keeping up on the drug trade, because they are going after all the natural and sustainable things/ways ;) You know, like raw milk?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:woot Chuck E. Cheese is goin to the slammer!!!! :lol: Sorry....that was the first thing that crossed my twisted mind...

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:woot Chuck E. Cheese is goin to the slammer!!!! :lol: Sorry....that was the first thing that crossed my twisted mind...
That was the first thing I thought of too.. LOL..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sunny said:
Wannabefree said:
I love this place where I don't have to be crazy all by myself :D
That dirty rat deserves it anyway ;)

ETA: Maybe they'll let him be a cellmate with the Monopoly man :p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am sure the government is trying to make sure that each state stays "governed" by the government. They can't watch us all...all the time! I trade good with neighbors....alot! " Pssst, meet me after dark, behind the big barn with your goats milk...I will bring the eggs" Darned "big brother"

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Someone questioned me about this subject about 2 years ago.
IDK. Guess they would first have to find out about us all; then how much does each of us do, because some of our enterprises are more obvious than others.
Most of my customers can barely speak English anyway, so I can't see them telling anything on me....half of them would be afraid of someone would ask for a greencard.
They can try whatever they want, but they got their work cut out for them. Thats a pretty big picture. I mean what they gonna do; get the local cops to go door to door, looking for gardens and small farm animals?
They can tell me not to barter, but how they gonna stop me? People want chicken meat, eggs and honey and I want venison, shrimp, pork and other goods. As far reporting money....sounds like a business to me and I can probably come up with lots of receipts and show a loss.
Honestly, you would think they have enough trouble with things already out of control in several different directions.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Hmm. A bunch of local towns around me and down into central Massachusetts have their own "local dollars" that merchants have agreed to accept. Crackdown in Brattleboro! Ha. They really can't even clean up the drugs coming up and down the I91 corridor that they know about. Why are they going to waste their time on towns using their own trading currency? Oh, I know. Drugs make a population weaker and easier to control. Independant thinking and people taking control of their own local lives and things like that are dangerous.

Greendecember

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I guess we are pretty lucky in Oklahoma. :thumbsup As long as the buyer / trader comes to the farm where the animals are kept we don't have to report to the state.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Sunny said:
Wannabefree said:
I love this place where I don't have to be crazy all by myself :D
That dirty rat deserves it anyway ;)

ETA: Maybe they'll let him be a cellmate with the Monopoly man :p
:yuckyuck

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can see it now...Next on COPS, woman aressted with three dozen duck eggs and two bars of lye soap in her vehicle! :lol::gig