Fence Posts.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We drove 6 inch nails in, then bent them over. Guess I should have taken a pic of that too. Ooops. So looks good!?? I sure hope this fence lasts longet than me! :lol:

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
We drove 6 inch nails in, then bent them over. Guess I should have taken a pic of that too. Ooops. So looks good!?? I sure hope this fence lasts longet than me! :lol:
:thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tallman, thanks. :hugs I guess I second guess myself ALOT...and just need a little "attagirl" once in a while.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Lookin' good! :)

And may I say, WOW, that's a lot of grass. I've almost forgotten what the seasons are like down there :p Ours has shot up in the last few days but none will be even remotely worth mowing for a week or two.

Have fun,

Pat

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Pat. Oh, we finally got to mow yesterday and today. The church across the road has mowed 3 times already!!Ours was...to say the least..almost Baleable! ( Is that a word? LOL) I wish I could find a Baler for my lawn mower....wow, I could save some money!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Thanks Pat. Oh, we finally got to mow yesterday and today. The church across the road has mowed 3 times already!!Ours was...to say the least..almost Baleable! ( Is that a word? LOL) I wish I could find a Baler for my lawn mower....wow, I could save some money!
You *can* make lawn hay, you know :) Leave it on the lawn long enough to dry completely (is weather-dependant, Nature does not always cooperate) and then rake up and store somewhere *very dry* in stacks on pallets or in burlap (real burlap) bags. I wouldn't feed it to horses or anything else that could choke or get impacted if it's from mowing a shortish lawn, but you could probably use it for chickens, and certainly longer stuff, cut with a weed-whacker, is usable. The key is getting it really seriously dry and staying that way in storage.

Pat

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sooooooooo, I could use it for the sheep!?? Ohhh, that would be GOOD!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cant believe it......WE ARE DONE!! WOOHOO, come home little sheepies!!
99_done.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's so preeeetttttyyyy! Congratulations!!!

How many inches between the bars on that gate? Might want to fasten a piece of woven wire onto that as lambs are slick as a whistle for slipping out! :)