Fill up your Gas tanks and reserve tanks TODAY!

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Unless you have been living under a rock you know that the middle east is in chaos. Right now though there are two events that ARE driving oil and fuel prices through the roof. It started the other day and there is no end in sight for the foreseeable future.

Right now the two events that are driving the price increase; the two Iranian ships pushing through the Suez Canal and the collapse of Libya.

Top off your fuel tanks and any storage you keep TODAY and keep them topped off every day. We started topping off yesterday and will keep them topped off at the end of every day.

This situation is only going to get worse and there at lease three other counties and potential powder kegs over there right now that are also close to blowing up and adding to the urgent situation.

figure out what you need to do to get yourself through the summer and fall if gasoline stays at the $4-$5 per gallon range. Do your budgets now and start figuring out how you will cope with this. There are two things to remember. #1 is that with the rise of gasoline prices everything else will rise in price due to transportation costs. #2 QE3 is slated to be implemented in May and this is going to drive the value of the US currency down again. This is also going to have an effect on prices and they will go up. This summer is the start of the unwind. Prices are going to escalate, driving the economy back down, causing a reaction from the Fed, which will implement QE4 and will push things down even further.... Things will move faster and faster down the icy slope.

Finish up your preps and quit talking about what you would like to do. cancel your vacations and put the money where it is needed NOW. For years you have been hearing talk of how things are going to dissolve into chaos, well it is here. You are the wise ones though who have been getting ready, you have seen the writing on the wall. Well after all the false flags and starts, it is now. Put in that extra garden space and storage space for what ever. Pay off as much of your debt as you can especially where you live.

Take care of that family. Use caution in all your dealings and hold every with a bit of suspicion. Today you are on your own and more so every day.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Been thinking about gas storage. All I have available is a couple of 5 gallon gas cans. If I fill those, do I need to add any stabilizer since these would be very much poop hitting the fan reserves?

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
YES you have to add stabilizer. If you do not have a larger storage tank for bulk storage then I would only keep an emergency store of no more than 20 gallons. It costs a lot for gas cans and may or may not be cost effective. Keeping ALL your vehicles topped off is the best idea and if they do not move often then use stabilizer in them.

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH

Libya has just canceled ALL contracts. 1.6 million barrels of oil per day will no longer ship. Oil has risen just under $8 per barrel today.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I already have the cans from when we had a gas lawnmower. Now that we use a manual mower, they have just been sitting there so no expense there :D

Ok...I will check for stabilizer tonight when I go shopping.

FYI...we don't get gas from Libya, but Europe does. This will raise prices here even though the effect is indirect.

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I already have the cans from when we had a gas lawnmower. Now that we use a manual mower, they have just been sitting there so no expense there :D

Ok...I will check for stabilizer tonight when I go shopping.

FYI...we don't get gas from Libya, but Europe does. This will raise prices here even though the effect is indirect.
I know in my rush to write this down I accidentally put that down and removed it asap. Oil being a world wide traded commodity it will effect all.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea it is going to get wild and wooly for sure that is why I kept all my camping vacations close to home. No 10 hr drives this year lol

stocking up some cans for mowing and the boat. that is about it. I have no big gas storage situation

$4-5 a gallon...yup it will affect me for sure...less driving definitely

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Been thinking about gas storage. All I have is available is a couple of 5 gallon gas cans. If I fill those, do I need to add any stabilizer since these would be very much poop hitting the fan reserves?
I use SeaFoam gas treatment for long term storage for all fuels, works great and have started a genny after it had fuel in it for 3 years. it started first pull...

As far as the middle east, well I knew long before this it was going to happen, but I thought it was going to start over oil rights. I was happy to see it started over human rights instead....

I thought that the USA would have killed moammar gadhafi by now, I guess the big oil contracts we had with him kept him alive...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
The really sad part in all of this, is that our oil production is being squashed.
Here in Alaska, since they will not build a refinery, we have to buy our own gas back.
A couple years ago, diesel was $5 and regular was over $4.
At the moment, we are back at over $3.60ish.

Latest posts