Fire Cider Tonic

LilacSpring

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My Fire cider will be ready on Saturday ( 12/15). It has been steeping since October 15.

Lisa

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Would you happen to still have the link for that recipe, so lucky?

I took 2 small bottles of my FCT over to my moms on our last "civilized" visit, for the family to try. Didn't really expect much of a good reception on it. Well, she stopped by today to drop of some soil amendments for my garden and let me know that my BIL loves it (and wishes it was hotter) and that she and my dad have been taking it regularly! :celebrate

Guess what they're getting for Christmas this year! :gig
Dawn, I just now read your comment asking for the link. I'm sorry, I have no idea where I saw it. I think I made my fire cider in October; really can't remember. Can't believe I didn't put a date on it.:( Well, it must be ready about now.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I copied the recipe from the first page.Sent it to a friend and looking forward to making a batch over winter break.

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just made my first batch of this stuff, and have to say....it is PUUUNNNGGGEEENNNTTT. Really clears the sinuses just smelling it! My daughter says she's not ever going to try it!:lol:

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just found another name for our fire cider tonic recipe on a WAPF-type forum; there it is called Master Tonic. Looks just like ours. BTW, I mixed up some tonic on September 3. I finally got it out this morning and tried it. Wow! I used rosemary and sage in my tonic, as well as the other ingredients. You can taste the rosemary. Not bad, but just different.
This other writer said to save and use the left over ingredients in cooked meat recipes. I bet it would really be good in a pork or beef pot roast.

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We have discovered a good way to take this:) Make a "tea" by putting 1 Tbsp. of tonic, 1 Tbsp. of honey, and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon in a cup. Fill with HOT water. Stir well, and drink. It really tastes very good. An added benefit, besides the immune boost, is that it seems to be giving me less of an appetite! Maybe I'll finally lose some weight :rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm going to make a new thread, but cinnamon and honey is supposed to combat obesity as well as a host of other problems, so it makes since that you don't feel as hungry.

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I opened up some the other day that I made a year ago (as I have been out of town forever! working).
OMG! If I thought I would die trying it last time! I sure new I would this time! Some kinda potent! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Light you on fire!

gram of 5

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi City Life, A couple of years ago you were kind enough to send me some kefir grains. I just wanted to let you know that they are still going strong and we are really enjoying the milk kefir every day. I have "payed it forward" a few times by giving the grains to others. Hope you are doing well, love reading about all of your animals. We have 19 layer hens and 19 1 week old meat birds. They are all enjoying the whey from the kefir!! Bless you and yours and again thanks for your kindness!!:)