First chilly night

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok, so I've caught up on some posts here and noticed there was quite a conversation going on based on miscommunication lol. Here:

We've been having days that are a couple degrees on either side of freezing, and getting down to -15*F (-9*C) at night. It'll be colder soon. We've had some snow, and more is on its way. Once we get a good layer of it, we get our skis ready for cross-country exercise.

Everyone noticed the -15F but not the -9C. It was 15 not -15 :)

As for cold, it felt like -20C here yesterday. That would be -4F. It was actually only -10c (14f) but the wind chill was packing quite a punch. We're back to a more reasonable 0 (32f) today, and the rest of the week should be a bit warmer. I'm in a 5a/4b so @NH Homesteader and I probably have some similar winters.

And winter is banging at the door for sure!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: Lol that's too funny, I didn't notice the C either. I was thinking -15F was pretty bad for November! 15F is not so bad!

In fact tonight should be about 4F. Thanks for paying more attention than me!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, so I've caught up on some posts here and noticed there was quite a conversation going on based on miscommunication lol. Here:

Everyone noticed the -15F but not the -9C. It was 15 not -15 :)
Yeah, I screwed that up, didn't I ?! Well, I'm not used to expressing temperatures in Fahrenheit. I guess I made us seem hardier up here than we actually are. :p

Although a whole bunch of Canadians really are that hardy.

Latest posts