Flu is bad

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Or they don't want people to die of preventable diseases...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If that were true, a population of elderly folks who have ALL had the flu shot should not suffer flu outbreaks of epidemic proportions EVERY winter.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I took my MIL to the walk in clinic yesterday evening. They gave her a chest xray, a steroid shot and prescriptions for an inhaler and tamaflu. The pharmacy was out of tamaflu. I just got back from getting her some dinner and running paperwork to the nursing home where my FIL is. It hit him so hard his temperature hit 106 and can't walk anymore. He has to have a therapist work with him to hopefully get him walking again.

By the time I got back to my MIL, she asked me to take her to the hospital. She is not one to go to the doctor, let alone the hospital willingly. I took her and they admitted her. I tell you this flu is some really bad juju, it's saddening and heartbreaking that it hits the elderly so hard.

I hate to ask but we really need your prayers, please.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At a time when we are having outbreaks of previously eradicated diseases due to people not vaccinating their children, I refuse to debate vaccinations on social media. So I am not continuing that discussion.

CC you should not hate asking for that. My thoughts are with your family.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks NHH :)

On a positive note spring in here.
IMG_20190313_185439540.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Heavenly Father, we come before you, lifting up CC and his FIL, MIL, and the rest of his family up to you. I pray that you will bathe this family in your comfort. That You will enable the care givers to give appropriate and timely treatment, as well as compassion and wisdom. That You will bring quick strength and healing to these dear ones who are suffering with this illness. In the name of my precious Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray.

Latest posts