Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Wifezilla, not everything MSNBC prints looks like good news for the white house.Last week they ran an article titled Double Dip Housing Bust..! They are saying another 3/4 to millon foreclosures are in the works, coming down the turnpike...!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Just a couple of items of interest.

The southern US alone has had over 3.5 million acres of cropland flooded this spring. There are plenty more cropland acres flooded in the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. That's going to put even more upward pressure on prices.

3.6 million ag acres hit by floods - Farm Bureau

Other than the floods, the weather in Arkansas had been cooperating with farmers, but there were some exceptions. One of the largest hail events on record in Arkansas, hits croplands.

Hail hammers Arkansas crops

If the 27,000 areas of hail damage and the 1 million acres of flooded croplands in Arkansas weren't enough. This last weekend northeast Arkansas crops were the recipient of a sandstorm.

Hits keep coming: sandstorms in Arkansas

Yeesh!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
KOxxx--you saying our high prices in the grocery are going to be a bit higher? :lol: :lol:

stop printing 'such' great news will ya! :ep :ep

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Getting cranky at me and k0xx for our gloom and doom posting is like blaming a rooster for the sunrise.

We don't make the news, we just report it :gig

(and I know you are totally kidding)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
all we need now is a plague of frogs and then we'll know we're done for!

actually i was just complaining today that we usually could get by with about $25/week at the grocery during the summer. but the last couple weeks its been about $40.

the bombshell for me today - a SMALL box of tapioca (for pies and such) was $4.98!!! five bucks for TAPIOCA!!!!!??? that was ridiculous.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
And on the other side of the country,in the southwest, Texas and a couple other states, grain crops are cooking in a drought...!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Getting cranky at me and k0xx for our gloom and doom posting is like blaming a rooster for the sunrise.

We don't make the news, we just report it :gig

(and I know you are totally kidding)
hmm...isn't there a little line about shooting the messenger?
:lol:

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love the info u guys give wifezilla and knox. Or anyone reporting this type of info!! Keep it up!! It gives me the needed energy to become totally self sufficient! Time is running out to set up shop and that is not doom and gloom. I joke about it too but to keep life easy to live you got to prepare for these things!
Thank you guys!!