Food Processors

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have a million year old Black & Decker short cut. I don't know what I am going to do if I it ever breaks. I use it all the time.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My cousin just got me the cute little Food Network one! No review yet though, does anyone have one?

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I just use a knife :hu I have a tiny little cheapy that I use for my "hellish relish" but usually just use a knife. I can't justify a food processor :hu Do you all use them a lot?
Oh my goodness I use mine all the time. I let the leftover bread stay out over night and then toss the whole loaf into my food processor and a few seconds later I have bread crumbs for my next meatloaf.
I LOVE using the food processor to mix up my dumplings because if I use a mixer seems like the dough always crawls up the mixer blades-no problem with that when I use the food processor. I can chop onions with NO tears and cut up all the veggies needed for a BIG pot of soup in just seconds. Making coleslaw is a simple matter of running the cabbage, apples, peppers, carrots and celery through the food processor and dumping in some mayo. DONE! We eat cheese with everything so the food processor slicing and grating cheese is a HUGE help for us. But remember we have a HUGE family too so that's the biggest thing for us. I'm sure if it was just Greg and I we could easily get by with my good knife and a cutting board for almost everything (except the dumplings-I'll never use a mixer for dumplings again) but since I have to do everything in such huge quantities the food processor saves my life, the skin on my knuckles and the life of my mixer.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your replies.

Since the Cuisinart seems to be popular I went to the store and checked one out. It is probably me but I had a hard time getting the bowl and lid off. Are they all made with the same lid system?

The GE looks good with a large bowl and wide chute and good price but I am afraid it wouldn't last long.
How long have you had yours FarmerJamie?

Has anyone seen the Better Homes and Garden with the quit induction motor?

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I have a million year old Black & Decker short cut. I don't know what I am going to do if I it ever breaks. I use it all the time.
Hope it lasts you a lot longer!

I had a Black and Decker Coffee Maker that lasted almost 15 years before it broke. We went out and bought the new one which was basically the same model. It didn't even last a year.