For all you cheese makers out there..........

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Breastmilk cheese!!

Read her own description of the cheese!! :gig
:sick

I wonder what taxi cabs taste like.....not really.

As for the whole idea, meh. I breastfed/pumped, and tasted it, but had no desire to extend it's use other than to feed the kiddo :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:hu

We drink cow breast milk. We're raised on human. Not sure what the deal is.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Enh, I'm more or less with abi (although I can certainly see why many are weirded out by it, it's a kind of arbitrary cultural thing IMO).

True, I would not do it myself -- partly because I have never owned a breast pump and the concept of trying to express enough milk by *hand* is exhausting and unpleasant to even thing about; and partly because I think there are really better uses for excess breastmilk at least if you live in an urban enough area to have a hospital that takes donations; and partly because quite honestly I got to see WAY enough "breastmilk cheese" in my two kids' spit-up to have any real enthusiasm for deliberately producing and eating it LOL

But I did taste the milk, back when I was a dairy creature <g>, and in fact used to impress my husband by how far I could squirt it (IIRC I could get ten feet or more sometimes, NOT one of the more useful skills in life to develop however!).

So who am I to look funny at someone who makes cheese out of it for a lark :p

JMHO,

Pat

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
True, I would not do it myself -- partly because I have never owned a breast pump and the concept of trying to express enough milk by *hand* is exhausting and unpleasant to even thing about; and partly because I think there are really better uses for excess breastmilk at least if you live in an urban enough area to have a hospital that takes donations; and partly because quite honestly I got to see WAY enough "breastmilk cheese" in my two kids' spit-up to have any real enthusiasm for deliberately producing and eating it LOL
:gig

My niece, as a baby, would carefully and sneakily hose the cats sitting around her hoping to mop up any spilled milk. It was hilarious. You knew breast feeding was happening when the cats all disappeared to the back room.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes the first I'd realize I was "leaking" between feedings was when I'd find a cat camped on me licking my shirt.

Man, it is really hard to discuss these sorts of topics online without getting that "way too much information" feeling... :p

Pat

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
*snicker*
How many breastfeeding moms had their hubbies accidentally use "the baby's" milk in their coffee? :lol: Our youngest is 8 and I still don't think he's forgiven me for that!

Eh, I don't think its for me. I like the message she is trying to promote (mindfullness about our food supply) buuuut... Nah, not for me. I'm paranoid enough about what's in my milk, I wouldn't want to be worried even more about any possible human diseases & drugs. I mean, cows don't usually take anti-psychotics.