For all you cheese makers out there..........

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the description of the smell alone was enough to make me :sick who would want to eat the taxi/streetcar smell of new york? :gig Last taxi I was in smelled of sweaty gym socks and baby puke!

really makes me wonder what kind of crap that woman ate if her milk smelled that bad? :lol: *sarcasm* oh yes that has got to be healthy!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh, I've only now gone and looked at the actual linked article.

It was not from *her* milk, it was from others' milk bought online. (Which btw I think is obnoxious as that is really intended for *babies*, irrespective of whether you would buy others milk for your baby yourself)

EEEeuuuuuwww.

(Well, actually, not "eeeuuuww", just "what a stupid attention-seeking stunt". Same diff.)

:p

Pat

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't lurk on the site to find out, but was that supposed to be a joke of some sort?

I'm not one for breastmilk cheese, but know there are plenty out there who thrive on it and the ability to make it. I tried my own, too, because...well...I just plain ol' wanted to know what it tasted like! My husband constantly obsessed about how my 'other baby' (aka HE) needed milk before our 'real baby' came - once the opportunity was there where was he....running for the hills refusing to try anything!

I've heard of people using breastmilk to make soap and have to say I might try it just to say I did...

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
glenolam said:
My husband constantly obsessed about how my 'other baby' (aka HE) needed milk before our 'real baby' came - once the opportunity was there where was he....running for the hills refusing to try anything!
:yuckyuck yep my hubby was the same way!!! hahaha

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok s I'm go out on a limb here.

The milk usually taste or smells indicative as to what the mother has eaten. If the cheese she made stinks I would definitely worry about the source. How does she know who or what animal it actually came from, or that it was real milk for that matter.

Blehhhh!!!!

I could have made a hellofalot of cheese. I was a milk factory. But that is just way weird.

g

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The 'taxi cab" flavor is what grossed me out a bit.

To me, my own tasted like sweetened milk (I think humans have a higher milk sugar that cows?) I would have thought breast milk would have made a pretty mild cheese....not taste like a taxi cab.